“FILTHY doesn't begin to describe this room”

Ramada Pearl/Jackson Airport
Ranked #16 of 19 Hotels in Pearl
Reviewed August 19, 2011

I chose this hotel because it accepted pets. Each summer I have to drive my large dog across country since it is too hot to fly her. When I arrived and saw room 202 my friend and I were shocked at how filthy it was--bedskirts and baseboards were covered with black specks, hair, dust, etc. I asked for another room and was given the key to 206--it was even worse--and in addition had a very dirty bathroom floor! We went out and found a nearby hotel that was immaculate and also was pet-friendly. We checked out within 3 hours of arrival and were still charged the full price even though the place was disgusting. The manager will not call me back--all in all a very bad experience and I guess it was worth $90+ NOT to stay there.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends

Reviewed June 13, 2011

I've stayed regularly at this hotel for about a year when I visit Jackson on business. It's convenient to the airport and quick to check in and out. The rooms are decent, and the exercise room, while small, is enough to keep up with your cardio while on travel. The staff are friendly and nice, although a little slow to warm up to customers. The hotel is always quiet. Probably the worst thing about this hotel is its proximity to restaurants. If you're not a lover of the Waffle House, be prepared to drive about 15 to 20 minutes for any restaurants.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed February 21, 2011

Called last minute, was offered a Ramada with King mini suite. Enjoyed a good nights sleep in Room 202, with hot breakfast. Restored my faith in Ramada Inns.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 16, 2010

On arrival at the airport I telephoned the Ramada for a van to the hotel, which arrived fifteen minutes later. Here the night’s lodging cost just $60.61, and I had prepaid the room back in February. In the meantime, however, at www.tripadvisor.com I had read some extremely unfavorable reviews, a couple so scathing that I almost canceled my reservation, but finally figured I could put up with any problems for just one night. The shuttle driver was very friendly, and when shown to my room, I could not believe that this was the same place which had evoked such harsh reviews. My room was almost as large as a suite, containing a/c, a double bed with two end tables, an easy chair with ottoman, a desk with a chair, a fridge, microwave, coffeemaker with all the trimmings, a large bureau on which was mounted a big flat-screen television, and an sizeable bathroom. Further, the whole place was immaculate, with no dirty carpet or smells mentioned in earlier reviews. I was obviously much relieved, and felt that a room at any Hyatt Regency could not have been more pleasant. The following morning I enjoyed a complimentary breakfast which included orange juice, waffles, and coffee, although many more choices were offered. Needless to say, I had to wonder just how picky the previous reviewers had been, especially in view of the very reasonable price of the lodgings.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank lajollabob
Reviewed September 16, 2010

This hotel is absolutely awful. The hotel is old, smelly, and hot. There needs to be a major tear down and reconstruction. It is stuffy, and smells of smoke. The furniture is old and beat up. Within the first 5 minutes of my stay I realized I had made a major mistake by booking a room here. When I went downstairs to cancel my reservation and leave, I had to debate with the front desk clerk for over 10 minutes even though I was in the cancellation time frame. She was not nice about my needing to cancel and tried to tell me that she couldnt until I asked for the manager. Upon leaving the hotel she was quite rude. In addition to that, there was an unauthorized charge of $20 on my credit card. When I went back to inquire about the charge, the same front desk clerk was once again VERY rude and stated that it was the charge for the "FREE SHUTTLE" from the airport. When I explained that the charge was unauthorized and I was not told about this, she was irrate, became loud with me, and told me to speak with the manager. I have tried to reach the "manager" on several occasions but he/she is always "UNAVAILABLE". DO NOT STAY HERE.... there are so many better places in the area at almost the same price!!!!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed June 21, 2010

I would have rated it a 1 if it wasnt for the $10 park and fly. The park and fly was nice. Everything else was awful. I pre-paid for a king bed room and when I arrived they had no rooms left! I got stuck in a conference room with a pull down from the wall Murphy bed that was double siezed. I was told the bed size is what I pre-paid for, but I have a receipt that says I reserved a king bed! The bathroom was not clean - hair everywhere and dead roach in the floor. Needless to say, we didnt sleep well and were anxious to leave early AM. The park and fly is a good deal - I just wish we had better accomodations.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Bholu, Owner at Ramada Pearl/Jackson Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2010

Dear Guest,

We thank you for your nice comments on" Park car when you Fly" facility you enjoyed.
Most of our clients are happy with Accomodation including Park & Fly facility at extremely competitive prices.However, our team is commited to offer full satisfaction at the lowest price we offer.
We request you to accept our apology for your experience.You have reported :

a) Room request for king bed not honored.
b) Hair in Bathroom.

On guest's arrival day, our hotel is over booked in king bed room by our front desk staff.
And we offered the guest to move nearby up-scale new hotel at our expences with no extra costs,but guest did not want to move at 10.00PM late night and no other hotel offer Park & Fly facility.Here are some of the actions we have taken:

a) Front desk staff have been trained with full knowledge to avoid such over booking situation.
b) House keepers also have been provided with further training in maintaining a high standard of cleanliness in bathroom area.

Thanks once again, for your feedback.

Respectfully,

Owner and Hotel Team.

Reviewed June 19, 2010

Be sure that you put the RIGHT directions into your GPS or you will end up in a really BAD part of Jackson! This location is NOT in Jackson, but is in PEARL. I called the hotel and the lady, Laurie, at the front desk gave us excellent directions back the right direction and once we arrived (well after 10pm, we were driving in from Orlando) check-in was very swift. For the price I paid, I expected something in the same range of a Courtyard Marriott, but this was NOT the case at this hotel! The main problem that I had with this hotel was the smell! It smelled like cigarettes and cinnamon-apple candle wax! Yuck! Even on our floor, which was supposed to be non-smoking smelled really BAD. The beds were okay for one night, but the bed spread was very itchy. There was also a large stain on on of the bed spreads and the floor, but we were only staying for the night so it wasn't a big deal. The ice is located down stairs only, but the breakfast in the morning smelled wonderful and the lady at the front desk was kind enough to give me extra coffee (my husband and I are coffee lovers!). Overall the hotel is VERY outdated (the wall paper in the bathroom looked like it had been put up by a kid) but if you are looking for an okay place to sleep for a few hours this hotel is adequate.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

We thank you for your kind comments about freindly and helpful front desk staff.
Most of our guests are happy with strategic location and extremely competitive prices.However,
our commitment is to offer extraordinary quality of cleanliness.You have reported:

1) Your experience of smell in hotel
2) Stain on bed spread

Please accept our apology for your inconveniencies.As part of our regular quality control,almost all the issues you mentioned are routinely handled.Heare are some of the actions we have taken:

1) Shampoo all carpets in all rooms as well as in hallways by outside professional carpet shampoo cleaner.
2) We contract with carpet shampoo cleaner company to shampoo every 2 months entire hotel.
3) In hallways, we installed air freshner equipment to spray every 5 minutes.
4) Maids have been provided with further training in maintaining a high standard of cleanliness in our rooms.

Once again,we appreciate you bringing these matters to our attention.Like over 10000+ guests who experience high satisfaction with our property every year,you will also experience great happiness and change when you give us a chance for your next trip.

Regards,

Owner and Hotel Team.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pearl
La Quinta Inn & Suites Jackson Airport
Quality Inn & Suites Jackson Int'l Arpt.
La Quinta Inn & Suites Brandon Jackson Airport E
Holiday Inn Express Jackson/Pearl International Airport
Candlewood Suites Pearl
Candlewood Suites Pearl
#15 of 19 in Pearl
Sleep Inn & Suites Pearl

Been to Ramada Pearl/Jackson Airport? Share your experiences!