“Great food, slow service”
Review of Cracker Barrel

Cracker Barrel
Ranked #4 of 68 Restaurants in Pearl
Cuisines: American
Jackson, Tennessee
“Great food, slow service”
Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

We went as a family to eat here the food was great as always. However the service was very slow and it took over 30 min to receive our food. It was worth the wait but I was hungry.

“Cracker Barrel is always a win!”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I've eaten at Cracker Barrel Restaurants all over the country and have always been pleased. The Pearl, MS, location is no exception. We live less than ten minutes from this restaurant and go there often. The servers are always friendly and courteous. We've never been disappointed in the food and the gift shop is as good as any other location I've ever visited. On occasion, at Sunday lunch time, there will be a 30-45 minute wait for a table (as is common at any restaurant in the area), but rarely any longer. Fortunately, there are comfortable chairs on the porch and a gift shop for browsing while you wait. I highly recommend this restaurant for anyone looking for good home-cooked comfort foods. The meals are always seasoned well, served in a timely fashion, and the servers are accommodating for any special requests.

• Visited December 2013
Savannah, Georgia
“Sadly Disappointed in Service”
Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

My family and I love CB and eat at various locations often. While traveling over the holidays, we stopped for lunch at this particular CB. This was the first time I've ever been unimpressed. While waiting to see how long the wait would be, several people came to see how much longer their wait would be as they were told a 15-20 minute wait and had already been waiting 30 minutes. During this, the hostess claimed she couldn't find one lady's name on the list (she was fumbling with about 4 separate sheets of paper) after the lady explained she had added her family to the seating list 40 minutes prior. The hostess stared at the lady like it was HER fault and didn't offer to add her back to the list or compensate her in some way for the mistake.
All the while, myself and another person waiting to add her name to the list exchanged nervous glances. I finally added my family of four to the list and walked around to wait. While waiting for our name to be called, the hostess yelled very loudly, and almost angrily, over the intercom for parties to be seated. When our name was called, I thanked her with no response.
Our waitress, on the other hand, was very sweet. She gave great service and we were pleased to finally interact with someone who seemed genuinely happy to be working there. The food was good as usual.

Denton
“Poor Job !”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

My family has been eating regularly at Cracker Barrel for over 10 years. It is one of our favorite places. We have never had a disappointing meal or a ' bad ' meal until we went to this one while on a holiday trip. We got food ' to go ' so we could stay on the road. First, the waitress didn't put the things in the bag that I had requested, such as butter, extra napkins, lemon for my fish, etc..The veggies were very dry like they had been sitting out for a long time or just plain old because the green beans were not green - they were GREY and mushy and looked like they had already been eatin once. The turnip greens were super dry and had a burnt taste to them. The fish was cold, not lukewarm mind you, but stone cold and way too dry to eat, I believe this was a old order of fish that wasn't used for some reason and they gave it to me. It was truly the most sub-standard food I have ever had at a Cracker Barrel. I was disappointed and felt like I had totally thrown my money out the window. The manager was a little on the rude side to the employees. If you have frequented many of these fine restaurants as I and my family have, then you would know that this is unacceptable food consumption for this company's standards. Poor Job !!

• Visited November 2013
union, ms
“good country cooking”
Reviewed November 22, 2013

we got real good service at this restaurant. The food was good. Atmosphere is great and good location just off I-20. Plenty of parking space is available.

Visited November 2013