“Pool - Out of Order!”

Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Pearl
eldragon
“Pool - Out of Order!”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

The main reason I booked this hotel was because it offered as an amenity a heated pool/spa. We checked in about 6:30 pm and actually ordered pizza instead of going out because we wanted to make sure we had plenty of time to swim. After we ate, we got changed and went downstairs, to an empty pool! There were no signs in the lobby or hallway to indicate the pool was closed, so it was not only a hassle, but embarrassing.

The workout equipment was in the pool area, too, so I'm guessing there was no gym, either.

The room itself, we had a suite, was unremarkable. If it hadn't had a view of a next-door pond, it would have been claustrophobic. The window was dirty, though. In the room, the carpet was pretty stained. The king-sized bed was semi-comfortable with standard, low-end motel bedding. No extra pillows or blankets. Literally, there was one top sheet & thin bedspread, with no blankets on the bed. The closet had one blanket & a set of sheets for the bumpy pull-out sofa in the first little area.

This motel is nothing short of unremarkable, and when you consider there are many other chain motels to choose from in the area, there is no reason to stay here. We only stayed for the indoor, heated pool.......& it was empty!

BTW - there are no restaurants within walking distance.

Room Tip: Call ahead to inquire if the pool is in service.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
CISPearl, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jackson-Airport, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
I apologize for the pool and fitness center being out of order. The pool/spa is being renovated to ensure a nicer, safer pool area for all our guests. The fitness center is also being renovated at this time to the new Country Inn & Suites look which we are hoping to soon accomplish for our entire property, including our bedrooms. Once again, I apologize for the inconvenience and hope that once we are completely renovated you give us another opportunity to serve you better.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We were booked into this hotel by soccer tournament organizers. Our room (number 102) had filthy carpet, looking as though it has never been cleaned or replaced (this hotel appears to be at least 15 years old). There was a solid dark gray path of dirt and darker large stains in all foot traffic areas. The bed skirts were just as visibly dirty, including large dark stains; it was obvious they have never seen a washing machine. The bathroom ceiling was speckled with mildew over such a wide area that I was unable to capture all of it in a single photo shot. The shower curtain rod was drooping resulting in the shower curtain sliding to the middle of the rod when showering. Needless to say, over time, the wood base trim to either side of the tub has absorbed water and is now visibly rotting. Others with our soccer team reported similarly dirty carpet in their rooms, as well as wet carpet, and at least one refrigerator that did not work. Also noticed the hot tub and exercise room were currently not available. The hotel front desk staff were friendly and courteous. KTBaker

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
CISPearl, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jackson-Airport, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
We apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel during your stay. Thank you for sharing your experience, your comments are greatly valued. Rest assure we are looking into these issues.
MS
Reviewed October 5, 2013

*This hotel partners with the American Cancer Society*
This was a nice one night stay. I can't say enough about the courteous staff. They were great! The hotel itself is nice, though it seems a little aged. The room was nice, spacious and clean. Wasn't crazy about the location; it was convenient, but kinda tucked back behind a service station next to the interstate.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Generally I like this chain but this location is average. The cleanliness is average, the bed quality is average, the breakfast, unlike all the other Country Inns I've stayed at, was pretty bland.
The people are nice and very helpful. The location is good. It's just not up to the standards I've seen at other Country Inns. Nothing terribly bad, decent place for an overnight stay, but just average.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Redding, California
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I stayed at this hotel again for a quick business trip and was pleased with the accomodations and the excellent breakfast. The front desk attendant was a nice young lady with a very helpful and pleasant demeanor. At the rate they charge you are getting more than your money's worth. There is no doubt that I will be staying here again on my next visit.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I have never written a review before, but I feel like its necessary. Floors have not been vacuumed (literally stuff all over them), had to go purchase blankets because I was so disgusted, coffee in the coffee maker from the previous people. So nasty!!

• Stayed June 2013
CISPearl, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jackson-Airport, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
We apologize for the disappointing service you received from our staff. Our team works hard to make sure our guests are comfortable and receive our best service. If you wouldn't mind, please email me your room number and name so that I may do some research as to which of our staff members did not correctly clean your room. Thank you for bringing this information to my attention and I assure you that this staff member will not continue to work at our property if this is the type of service they provide for our guests.
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I feel like I was really unlucky with this hotel room... but anyway....

Arrived at hotel at 11pm. When I got into my room, there was a strong smell and the room as really really cold... the air conditioning was set to 63F...

I was really tired and didn't want to change rooms... I just turned on the heat to warm up the room... and slept.

The next day, I left a window open and the A/C running. When I came back the smell was better... but with dusk approaching I closed the window as the mosquito net had a couple of holes in it... of course the smell started to build up again...

I was really busy working from the hotel room... I worked till late that night... way past midnight and again I did not want to change rooms... after all I was leaving in the morning...

The room had a nice LED TV, a great view to the backyard which had a pond. The carpet was quite old and seemed damp. The bath tub looked old but was clean.

There was water dripping just outside my window, maybe from the A/C unit upstairs... and also once in a while the toilet water tank would fill up...

The breakfast was quite good given the hotel rate... it had a waffle iron, 3 or 4 different types of coffee, 2 variaties of fresh fruits, a good selection of pastry, and a warm buffet with 4 options...

When I checked out, I informed the hotel staff about the issues with my bedroom and they promptly apologized, taking note of my complaints. I have also received an e-mail from the site manager apologizing for not having met my expectations and that they are looking into the issues I reported.

So for this reason I am giving Service a 5 stars. As I said, I must have been unlucky with my hotel room as the parking lot was quite full at evening.

Because of the smell, the water drips and the toilet tank filing up, I have to give sleep quality a terrible rate. Cleanliness also receives a poor rate as there was mold build up on the chest drawers and because of the carpet. I am glad I had my flip flops with me...

At least for me location was quite convenient... but certainly not much around for tourism...

My room was average, but because of the issues mentioned before it gets a 2 stars

Breakfast was the highlight, so 4 stars for the restaurant.

Room service gets a terrible as they did not clean the mold on the chest of drawers...which was quite visible as you can see it on the pictures...

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
CISPearl, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jackson-Airport, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
We apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel during your stay. We appreciate you taking the time share your experience. Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future. Rest assured that the hotel is looking into these issues and will fix them before your next arrival to the area.