“A nice surprise at the end of a long drive.”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Jackson Airport
Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Pearl
Reviewed January 13, 2010

We were greeted by a very friendly staff who genuinely wanted our stay to be pleasant. Had never stopped at a La Quinta before, and had no reservations, but they put us in a very nice king room at the back of the hotel without our even asking.
We asked about WiFi and to make sure we got our connection also provided us w/a cable, which we did not need.
The breakfast the next morning was above average for the freebie-type you get at a lot of motels.
On our return, we will try to find a La Quinta Inn and Suites for our return trip. Good job!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank thehart

Reviewed September 24, 2009

I can't say enough good things about this La Quinta. I was met at the desk by the manager , who was SUPER nice. If all La Quinta's are staffed like this I will stay there more often!
I did not have a reservation but was given just the room I asked for and at a great rate. Wonderful quiet room, easy access to the rooms, great parking.
Computer in the lobby for checking emails, though not a private space , has fast internet.
Though it's pet friendly, I did not see or hear any pets. I can not find anything to fault about this hotel. Overall an unexpected surprise at the value price!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank arabianfancycom
Reviewed September 15, 2009

This was a relatively "usual" La Quinta; we travel with a "furkid" so on the road often have to frequent La Quinta's (and I do appreciate their policy of accepting pets) - we have stayed in some that were horrible; this one is not. It is just what you would expect from a chain of this sort, no luxury but enough amenities for a one-night stay. The TV (though not an LCD as some of the newer ones have) had multiple cable channels, there was a microwave and fridge; and the lighting in the bathroom was nice & bright. The buffet breakfast was the norm, but fine. The biggest problem with this hotel is that there is very little nearby in the way of restaurants, if you're looking for anything other that the fast-food chains. When we do a "road-trip" with the "kid", we like to at least get some decent take-out from a local restaurant or a chain such as Outback, Chili's, etc.; none of these were anywhere nearby.

All this said, it is an okay place to stay for a night when you're en route...

Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rupes
Reviewed July 21, 2009

Pros:
- AC is quite
- Bed was comfortable
Cons:
- Huge gap under the door lets lots of light into the room.
- I stayed in a suite hoping that there was a wall between the two sections (like the FairField Inn in Jackson) so that we could put our child down in her crib and stay up and read a little. No such luck and no pictures on the web site either.
- AC wouldn't stop cooling the room. My wife got up at least twice to turn it up, but the room kept getting colder and colder.
- This hotel allows dogs and we did hear the two little lap dogs next door barking a lot the night we stayed. This alone is enough reason for me not to stay here again.
- The walls must be paper thin or its just the huge holes under the doors that let noise inside the room. Just walking down the halls, I could hear people in the rooms.
- Soft water (this is a problem in all the hotels in Pearl).

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank C0deM0nkey
Reviewed January 20, 2009

Stayed here on the way back home from visiting family in Texas. Newer hotel with plenty of amentieis - pet friendly, like all La quintas. Plenty of space for our puppy, 2 kids and wife. No complaints, close to Ruby Tuesday's and other restaurants. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Toastcmu
Reviewed October 16, 2008

This hotel was just remodeled when we stayed there. The rooms were beautiful and we felt very safe & comforable. The staff was really nice and were quick to help us if we needed anything. The hotel was also close to many dining places and had a great Continental breakfast! We really loved the waffles!!!

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank araemck
Reviewed October 7, 2008

This motel is relatively new and was undergoing some additional upgrades (e.g. carpet in the hallways, painting, etc.) during my stay. The rooms are of nice size and clean and well maintained. During my check-in, the clerk was courteous and agreed to change my room to one on the ground floor (this preference is in my on-line profile) but did not seem to be very knowledgeable of the hotel procedures. She had to ask the manager how to go into the computer and change my assigned room number. After some time (I was checking in about 1 1/2 hrs early) she sent me to a room that had not yet been cleaned. There was some more shuffling of papers and looking at the computer but she still seemed confused.
As I said before, the rooms are nice (I was on the backside looking out on the pool (Closed) so the room was quiet.
The one disappointment was that I set up my laptop to work and discovered that whomever had assembed the chair at the work table had attached the mechanism backwards so that the chair tilted forward instead of backwards. The next morning (at @8 am) as I was leaving for a meeting, I asked the front desk to put in a work order on the chair as I had some additional work to complete when I returned from my meeting that afternoon. They looked at me like I was from Mars but promised to correct the problem.
When I returned about 2pm, the chair had not been repaired or replaced and the room was only half cleaned. Housekeeping arrived about 20 minutes after I got back to my room and apoligized for the room not being completly cleaned yet. Never did get the chair fixed and I checked out left the next morning.
I chose this motel over the Sleep Inn at the next exit off I-20 because it was rated higher in Trip Advisor but next time will probably try the Sleep Inn.
Overall, the motel staff was courteous enough but not very well trained in customer service as I didn't get the feeling they were very friendly with the guests. Breakfast was adequate but not much selection and I thought it odd that the hard boiled eggs were not peeled as they are in most motel breadfast bars.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business