New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Travel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Pearl/Jackson/East

Super 8 Pearl/Jackson/East
Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Pearl

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Delaware, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Everything looked nice when you walked in. I sat on the bed to take my shoes off and relax the bed is a little to firm for my or my husbands liking. We started getting things settled and looked at our socks and though jeeze there really dirty maybe its from the airport, we were wrong, after we took them off I walked from the bed to the shower and got in mty feet were almost black the floors were extremely dirty. So i was ready to sleep at this point. Got in bed and woke up around 3 wrapped up some how in two sheets, i figured out that they didnt put a fitted sheet on instead they took a regular flat sheet on and tucked it in. I was unhappy with this stay i understand noise from the airport, and staying in a hotel i dont expect everything to be perfect however i do expect cleanliness. Due to the cleanliness of our room we opted out of the free breakfast, for the simple fact that you get what you pay for and if our room is that dirty i could only imagine the kitchen. When i visit Mississippi again i will surely stay somewhere else. I feel that being a chain, corporate should step in and make them step it up a notch.

Room Tip: if you dont want to hear foot traffic stay upstairs!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars
super8pearl, General Manager at Super 8 Pearl/Jackson/East, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to write review. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying.
We are thankful to you to bring this to our notice. We are taking care of it.
Once again I apologize for the any inconvenience we may have caused you and hoping to serve you better next time.
Greenville, Mississippi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I chose this location partly because the prices in Pearl were better than elsewhere in the Jackson area, and partly because of the reviews here, so I figured I’d leave my own. Overall it was a satisfactory one-night stay; we weren’t expecting a lot. Our room appeared clean and smelled okay (we requested non-smoking), and included a coffee pot, microwave, mini closet area, iron and board, and tall dorm-size fridge, though none of which we used. I liked the tv and the wifi is free (no password even). The bed was comfortable but too firm for my tastes, though my husband liked it more. I appreciated that the curtains blocked out light effectively, the A/C worked well, and the shower had good water pressure and temps. The continental breakfast served 6-9 am is basic but not bad.
There were a few downsides. The bathroom smelled moderately of smoke, and it wafted out enough to give me a headache. The management was appreciative of us letting them know about it in the morning. Since it’s near the airport, we heard planes taking off starting right at 8 am, and it’s also near the highway so there was some truck noise. We were on a corner upstairs, so we didn't hear any noise from surrounding or overhead rooms. They were a bit skimpy on the towels, just the bare minimum, but it worked ok for us. All in all not a bad experience for the price.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
super8pearl, General Manager at Super 8 Pearl/Jackson/East, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to write review. we are glad that you find everything good except moderate smokee smell in bathroom. We are taking care of it. We look forward to welcone back to our hotel.
Thanks,
D.K.Patel
Gen.Manager
BRECKENRIDGE
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

This hotel staff was unwilling to speak where I could understand them. The bathroom was evidently close to a smoking room because it smelled strongly of cigarette smoke. The people overhead were heard very clearly. The air conditioner unit was so old the controls were faded to nothing, we could not tell if we had the heat on, the air conditioning on, or just the fan. So we alternately froze or sweated all night. We are on restricted diets and there was nothing we could have atr the very limited Continental Breakfast. We will not stay there again, nor will we recommend it to anyone

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

super8pearl, General Manager at Super 8 Pearl/Jackson/East, responded to this review, October 21, 2012

Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve but exceed your expectations to make sure your stay is as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

We are thankful to you to bring this to our notice. We are taking care of it.

Once again I apologize for the any incovenience we may have caused you and hoping to serve you better next time.
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

Inexpensive, but the rooms are clean and staff is friendly. Breakfast wasn't the greatest, but not the worst either, but for the price it's more than you can usually expect. Great place to stop overnight.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
super8pearl, General Manager at Super 8 Pearl/Jackson/East, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Thank you for taking time out of your day to give us feedback from your stay. We are delighted that you found your room inexpensive, very clean with friendly staff service. we look forward to welcoming you again
Thanks,