“Best deal going!”

Ranked #12 of 19 Hotels in Pearl
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Best deal going!”
Reviewed May 21, 2011

I travel quite a bit and I have to say that the Super 8 in Pearl is one of the best I have seen for the money.. This is an older hotel but it is also one of the cleanest I have stayed in as well. From the room service, to the (Cold!) frige, I was very pleased with what I saw.
The price was very reasonable as well. If I ever make it back to Jackson MS, I will stay with Mr. D.K. Patel and his hotel staff.
Ron

Room Tip: With already low prices, you don't need a tip.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
super8pearl, Manager at Super 8 Pearl/Jackson/East, responded to this review, May 23, 2011
We appreciate your staying with us and taking the time to post thie review. We are pleased that you enjoyed the value, cleanroom and our guest service.We look forward to welcoming you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Damascus, Arkansas
Reviewed March 27, 2011

We picked this hotel because it is close to the airport and provides shuttle service. I called before making the reservation to inquire about leaving our car at the hotel rather than paying for parking at the airport. I was told over the phone that there was a $10 fee to park the car while we were away which was fine. We arrived late the night before our flight and the lobby was locked so we checked in through a sliding window. The room was very basic and fairly clean. We went for breakfast the next morning which consisted of donuts, toast or cereal and told the young lady at the counter that we would be needing a shuttle around 10 and inquired about where to park the car. At that time, she said that there was no designated area for long term parking and that we could just leave it any where in front of the hotel. I told her when we would be returning and she said that it was only $10 for the first three days and $15 after that. I was a little irritated that I wasn't told that up front but wasn't too upset about the extra five dollars. What upset me is that she said the shuttle was one way and they wouldn't pick us back up unless we stayed another night so we would have to get a taxi. Later when we returned to the lobby with our luggage, that person was gone and the manager was there. He said that I needed to sign a liability waiver to leave the car and said the fee would be $30. When I told him that I was first quoted $10 and then $15, he said that $15 was from 3-7 days and that we would be gone for 8 so the price went up to $30 at that point. First of all, I consider a day to be 24 hours so a Saturday to Saturday should only count as 7 days in my opinion. Secondly, I told him that people answering questions over the phone and at the desk should explain that rather than quote incorrect amounts. He was extremely rude and did not even apologize for this misinformation. I said I would pay the $30 if he would agree to pick us up when we returned which he did. The ride to and from the airport was very uncomfortable because he never spoke to us or smiled once. Having to pay twice as much as what I was originally quoted was bad enough but the way we were treated was even worse. I would recommend that anyone wanting any level of customer service or friendliness stay away from this hotel.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
super8pearl, Manager at Super 8 Pearl/Jackson/East, responded to this review, March 29, 2011
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to write review.I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying.
Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve but exceed your expectations to make sure your stay is as pleasant and comfortable as possible.
Regarding to left car in our parking lot might be there was miscommunication on phone.May someone did not know about how long you want to left your car in our parking lot.So I mentioned you how we charge when the guest wants to park the car in our parking lot.
Again I apologize for the any inconvenience we may have caused you and hoping to serve you better next time.

Travelers are raving about these Pearl hotels

Oxford, Mississippi
Reviewed February 2, 2011

I had never stayed at a Super8 before. I wanted to be close to the airport in Jackson, MS. Needless to say I was very impressed! The room was very nice and clean. I arrived late and the person at the counter was very nice and helpful. Super8 my place from now on!!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
super8pearl, Manager at Super 8 Pearl/Jackson/East, responded to this review, February 22, 2011
We appreciate your recent visit to pearl and the decision you made to stay with us at the Super 8. Thank you very much for all the comments regarding your stay. Your feedback will help us to improve on the total guest experience.We look forward to inviting you back to our hotel the next time you visit pearl
Silver City, New Mexico
Reviewed January 8, 2011

This is an acceptable motel, older but clean and quiet. A Waffle House was next door and open all night with adequate after-hours food. There is immediate freeway access, a refrigerator was in the room, and the bed was also acceptable. I was there during a cold spell (near-freezing at night), and the window heater had to run on low all night long. Resonable value for the price.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
Baton Rouge, LA
Reviewed November 5, 2009

......for what I needed. The room was clean and large. The refrigerator cold, the internet access was great, and the staff was friendly.

The only 2 gripes I have are that I wish there was more pressure in the shower, and the air conditioner was less "clunky" when cycling on. Other than that, this place was great.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo
iamdonald
Reviewed April 18, 2009

Had a 6am flight out of Jackson, so stayed here overnight instead of driving at 2am from Meridian mainly due to the fact they had an airport shuttle. With parking at JAN also costing $11/day, the cheap room should have paid for itself. When I got there, the lobby was closed and I had to talk to a lady through glass. The room was quite basic. The hotel is what you pay for. My bigger problem was with the airport shuttle. The next morning when a couple and I board their van to get to the airport... guess what, the van doesn't run. Wasting 10 minutes to see if the engine would turn over, the guy says he will drive us in his own car. Nice gesture, but a small and quite ratty corolla with the trunk filled with junk won't transport three people and their vacation luggage. He had to make two trips. The other couple went second, but they seemed worried about making their flight. I hope it worked out for them. Anyway, the crappy service didn't end there. When I return from my trip, I call the hotel to get a pick up. They ask for my reservation number. I tell them that I stayed there a week ago and they inform me that they will not pick me up unless I am staying there another night. So I am stuck getting a taxi that of course gouges me on "airport" fees just to drop me off at my car a mile away.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled solo
1 Thank iamdonald
CA
Reviewed March 2, 2008

We booked this hotel the day before, needing just a basic and cheap place to spend the night. That's pretty much what we got.

This hotel is located about 10 minutes from Jackson and is clustered near several other chain motels and has a Waffle House, service station and a few other fast food chains nearby.

The room was basic, but for less that $50, it's what we were expecting. It was clean, more or less. If you look closely you'll see marks on the walls and scrapes on the doors, but nothing too bad. The place is showing wear and tear, but it's not trying to impress anybody.

We were among just a handful of travellers that appeared to be passing through on their way to someplace better. An observant eye would notice that the travellers were bunched up on the bottom floor facing the front of the hotel, while the more local travellers (or regulars) were placed in the back rooms and top floors, where the lighting wasn't as bright.

Our upstairs neighbour kept us up all night as his various "clients" arrived in a continious stream throughout the night. Yes, it's that kind of place.

After a not so restful night, we bravely ventured into the breakfast room which was void of other guests. Like I said, it's not the kind of place where people bounce out of bed early to grab a bagel in the lobby. And bagels were pretty much all they had on offer, along with donuts, cornflakes and coffee.

If you want a cheap bed, a clean bathroom and an early start back on the road, this place is OK. Just dont leave any valuables in your car!

• Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)