“Outside looks great...” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in Pearl
McKinney, Texas
“Outside looks great...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

New paint outside and a great looking lobby really gave me hope after reading the reviews on tripadvisor. Well...

Let's start with the reservation. I called the Diamond desk from the airport in Dallas to make the reservation. The customer service agent was extremely helpful booking me a king suite (NOT best available). I arrived at the hotel and they already had my room ready, well sorta. I went up to my room and it was a basic king room. I went back down and asked about it and she told me it was best available. I asked what the rate was and she said it was the same as for the king suite. I showed her my reservation and she found me a king suite after about 10 minutes.

I went up to the room and found it tired and worn (see pictures). Mismatched furniture, chipped furniture, light fixtures that didn't work and/or bent, chipped paint on the walls. Okay, I understand hotels rooms are used and worn, but this hotel is in serious need of updating.

Maybe I am being picky, but when I spend money on a room I expect clean and fresh, otherwise I would just stay at Motel 6.

Room Tip: Don't expect a view. The front looks at lesser hotel and the back looks at what appears to be l...
2 Thank JRH-McTX
cynthia b, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Jackson/Pearl-International Airport, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
First of all, thank you for your review of your recent stay at our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I understand that you had a disappointing experience. Your satification is my number one concern so I appreciate you bring this to my attention so that I may follow-up on these issues.

Again, I apologize if you went through any inconvenience and hope you give us another chance to serve you, If your travels bring you back to our area, Please know that your business is incredibly important to us and I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you encountered.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Houston, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

The staff was very helpful. Everything was clean and fresh. The breakfast was not an extensive menu, but the items which were offered were good. The bed was very comfortable. The location was just right for my meeting. I didn't have to spend time in a lot of traffic the next morning.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your recent stay at the Hampton Inn, we truly appreciate your business as well as your comments concerning our hotel. If your traveling needs bring you this way again please feel free to stop in an stay with us again.
Jackson, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

This hotel met all of my expectations and was comfortable, clean, friendly staff who was helpful. Also, this hotel was very conveniently located to restuarants and the airport. I used the hotel shuttle to go to the airport and that was on time.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

On Behalf of the management and staff we'd like to thank you for your recent stay with us. We very much appreciate your business and thank you for selecting our hotel. We would like to say thank you for the nice comments. If you are ever in the Jackson area please come back and stay with us again. we love having you here...
Traverse City, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

Need a good spot to crash for a night or two. This is it if you can find it in cluster of hotels. Great staff, clean and quiet. Plenty of restaurants and fast food close buy. There is also a shopping mall and a Bass Pro shop right down the street.

Room Tip: Ask for a room toward the back. Nice and quiet.
    • 4 of 5 stars
cynthia b, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Jackson/Pearl-International Airport, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
On behalf of the management and staff we'd like to thank you for your recent stay with us. We very much appreciate your business and thank you for selecting our hotel. We very much appreciate the warmth of your comments. If your traveling needs bring you back to the jackson area please come back and vist with us.
Covington, LA, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

Located off a state road, behind a couple other hotels, I was worried about the Hampton as the surroundings were a bid run-down. However, once I turned into the Hampton parking lot, I was greeted with a freshly painted hotel, clean parking lot.....great outside appearance. Everything inside was as I expected from a Hampton Inn, clean, orderly, pleasant service. Only complaint was broken TV in fitness area........but equipment functioned great and staff was excellent.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

cynthia b, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Jackson/Pearl-International Airport, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. While we were delighted that you found our hotel to be conveniently nice. Our guest satisfaction is our main priority and we really appreciate your business, If your traveling needs bring you this way again please come back and visit with us.
Marlton NJ, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

Great Stay I was impressed with the professional way the staff performed their duty, the response to any questions I had, all in all I enjoyed my stay. Jerry the K PS: The best chef for breakfast must perform here, thanks again for a great stay!!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

cynthia b, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Jackson/Pearl-International Airport, responded to this review, February 2, 2014
On behalf of the management and staff we'd like to thank you for your recent stay with us. It was a pleasure having you. We very appreciate your business and the warmth of your review. If your traveling needs bring you this way again , by all means.. please come back and visit us again.
Edmeston, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

I love Hampton Inns. I can always count on the beds being the most comfortable, the rooms are always clean and the staff is professional and helpful..The location of this Hampton Inn is convenient to lots of restaurants and shopping also.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

On behalf on the management and staff we'd like to thank you for your recent stay withus. We very much appreciate your business and thank you for selecting our hotel for your traveling needs. If you are ever in the Jackson area, please come back and stay here again we love having you.