“Employee more important than guest!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn Jackson/Pearl-International Airport

Hampton Inn Jackson/Pearl-International Airport
Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in Pearl
Prairieville, Louisiana, United States
“Employee more important than guest!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2012

I was (still am) flabbergasted by the event that I witnessed at this hotel. It was a windy and rainy morning with many thunderstorms in the area. With that said, I pulled my car up to the front door of the hotel to be sheltered from the rain while loading my car. I pulled to the side to make room for other cars to pass, but this black Grand Am was taking up enough space for two cars so I didn’t have much room. On top of the fact that she took two parking places, she parked very close to the front door which made getting my luggage outside a challenge as well. Another lady was also trying to get her cart out the front door, and around that car as her husband pulled up in their truck. We all continued to struggle while maneuvering our carts around that car. Eventually another gentleman was loading his car and had the same struggle-actually he was parked in the rain and getting wet while loading his car. The carts were hitting our vehicles, we were hitting each other’s vehicles and we were all frustrated!
All of a sudden the employee who works in the kitchen came outside, in her uniform, to get something out of “her” car! I was so upset that I went up to the lady at the front desk and said, “This is ridiculous! Your employee parked her car practically on top of the front door and we, the customers, are getting wet and were VERY uncomfortable loading our cars.” At that moment the employee walks in and looks at me and says, “Well there was no place to park when I got here this morning and I’m not going to get wet! I said, “Well you need to park way in the back and walk through the flooded parking lot, like I had to do b/c there was no parking in the front when I got here as well, or park on the street.” She said, “I’m not parking my car on the street!” At that moment all the other guests in the lobby started to comment about how she is more important than the customer. The lady at the front desk told me that the employee’s name is Cynthia Boykin (she works the kitchen buffet) and that I could call Ms. Terry, the manager, to complain. Honestly, being that she didn’t think that Cynthia did anything wrong I decided not to even call and complain. As far as I know “Ms. Terry” could be another kitchen employee, who will take the call and pretend like discipline will occur. I will NEVER stay here again‼!
It is really sad b/c I had just left the Hampton Inn in Jackson, and had the MOST AMAZING stay, the entire week that I stayed there!

Room Tip: Run for the hills!!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
cynthia b, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Jackson/Pearl-International Airport, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to fill out the hotel review your opinion is very important to us. I'm sorry that you received a poor level of service, this is not the Hampton norm as our goal is Satisfaction Guaranteed. I have addressed these issues with our staff. the next time you are in Jackson we would love to have you come back and experience an improved level of customer service. Thank you once again for your comments.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Hamtramck, Michigan, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2012

I didn't like it. Look and felt cheap. But it isn't terrible.

Pro: Friendly staff, good location (close to airport and is like normal airport), Was safe but I worried (didn't feel that safe to me).

Con: cheap looking, breakfast served on paper plate, tiny/unwelcoming gym,

If I can't find any other place, I will stay there again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Keya707
Bartlett, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2012

I stayed in one of the "King Suites". This room has the extra living room off to the side and two large flat panel TV's. Comcast Cable was a bonus as the selection was great. Carpet was a bit worn and room slightly dated, but amenities were excellent. Two different workstations and a spacious bathroom. I will definitely stay here next time I come through town. Breakfast was decent. The "Bagel Toppers" were horrendous, but the waffles, fruit, coffee, etc were very good. Check in and out was smooth and the staff is friendly.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank John G
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

The employees were very nice and our room was clean. The bed was comfy. We had no issue finding the entrance or the hotel. The breakfast was good. Way more of a selection than just your average donuts and coffee, which is what we were expecting. The only strange thing was the water has this weird greasy feel to it, but that may be how the water is in Pearl. Our overall stay was very good.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank MoBoogie2009
VBarot12, Hotel Management Company at Hampton Inn Jackson/Pearl-International Airport, responded to this review, April 24, 2012
Thank you for your feedback on your stay with us! We are happy to hear you were able to find our location easily and enjoyed our complimentary Breakfast. We hope to see you again soon! Safe travels and thank you again for staying with us.
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2012

I had a flight delay and came in JAN very late so I changed another reservation I had a couple hour drive away and had the Diamond desk book me here. I got in very late.
It is an older Hampton Inn, and coming in late and leaving early, it was totally fine.
Typical example of an older Hampton Inn. Room was clean, nice bed, and clsoe to the interstate. Furnishings were a bit dated.
I left early so I have no idea if breakfast was good or bad, although the breakfast area looked really nice.
The person workign the front desk was very friendly.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2012

This Hampton is conveniently located off the interstate. The staff was awesome! We left a bag of meds and vitamins and we were 200 miles away when we realized it. Called them up and they sent them to us, COD, but that's cool. Saved the day. Only questionable thing is my son found some funky stuff where the bottom of the bed meets the floor. we washed his hands and called it a day. No big deal, but a vacuum down there would work wonders.

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank James B
south
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2011

We stayed at this property for only one night, but found it clean and pleasant. Everyone was nice and seemed helpful. The location is not near many restaurants that we liked but there are several places to eat a short drive away.

For a short visit, we would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business