“Decent property near the airport” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn Jackson/Pearl-International Airport

Hampton Inn Jackson/Pearl-International Airport
Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in Pearl
Atlanta
“Decent property near the airport”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2011

I checked in late and left first thing in the morning, so it was a short stay and thus a brief review follows. The hotel is just off Highway 468 (near the I-20 exit) and behind a Shoney's Restaurant so it's buffered from the highway noise. Nothing fancy about the property but I found it to be clean and quiet. I did notice several security cameras in the interior hallways. There are several restaurants within a reasonable walking distance although you have to cross a road or two to get to some of them. The room had a 32" or so flat screen TV with lots of cable channels but none in high definition. There was free Wi Fi with a log in code provided on the envelope that holds your room key. The morning breakfast was consistent with Hampton Inn standards. A free shuttle takes guests to the airport every 45 minutes starting at 5 a.m.

Room Tip: Odd numbered rooms face to the south (toward I-20 in the distance) although no highway noise could b...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Augusta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2011

I read some of the reviews about this hotel and to be honest I was a little scared to book our rooms there. I like to stay at the Hampton because they have free internet and a good breakfest. Well I had no reason to worry the hotel was clean, people were nice and the rooms were spacious. The hotel is a little old but for the price (74/night) you cant beat it. The room was clean and bigger than some I have stayed at. The hotel was easy to find and located in a good place so I dont understand why some reviews said it was in a awfull spot and hard to get to??? I stayed with my wife and 2 kids in a double room and it was fine. If you need a place to stay in Jackson this hotel will do just fine.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Mike H
White Hall, Arkansas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2010

I chose the hotel because it offered a hot tub. I called ahead before making reservation to make sure the hot tub was working. I was assured it was hot and in working order. I arrived and was really looking forward to a relaxing soak, imagine! The pool was warmer than the hot tub! Ok, so I thought lets try the jets and make the best of it.... oh they don't work either!

As a diamond level rewards member I have been to many Hamptons in many places. I have never found a dirtier pool area. Dog poop! really???? The hotel has a no pets policy and has cameras! Too had anyone been cleaning leaves and bugs out of the pool in the 3 days I was there they may have seen the mess. One pile was near the gate the clerks come out to lock and unlock twice per day. I would think some one would take the initiative ....

Next- The most uncomfy bed. mold in the coffee pot, in room.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2010

everything was really nice i stayed for 5 days and was very pleased.

Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2009

This is my second visit and the hotel is great!!! Yes, it is a little hard to find, but the service is great, room very large and clean, and internet/printer is free!!! Most hotels charge a minimum of $10.00 just to use a computer. They have a nice workout room that is free also.

We will be back again next year!!! For the price...it can't be beat!!! $90.00 smoking room!!!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Broadway
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2009

On a cross country move with my pregnant wife we called ahead to this hotel to spend the night in one of the suites with a jetted tub. We told the clerk taking our reservations we were in the military and she graciously gave us a discount. (from 135 to 125). We got into our room and orders pizza. We finished our meal and went to get into the tub. The tub would not fill from the faucet only from the shower head nor would the plug in the tub stop up the drain. The maintenance folks could not be found at 11pm and the clerk at the fount desk brought me a pair of pliers to fix the tub. I got some of my own tools and fixed both problems with NO HELP FROM THE HAMPTON!!!! The next morning the clerk working the front desk did absolutely nothing to make it right and called me a liar saying "We rent that room every night and never have any problems with it" I was infuriated and will not be staying in Jackson MS or a Hampton for a LONG time! DONT STAY here!!!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Rude worker and broken room
  • Stayed January 2009
      Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank johenson04
Denham Springs, Louisiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2008

First off let me say that I stay at various Hampton Inn's around the Gulf South a few times a month. This was my first time to stay at this particular Hampton Inn in Pearl, MS. This is a very sub-part hotel at best. First just getting there is an issue. You can't pull in their parking lot directly from the main road. You have to pull in a Shoney's parking lot, wind around and cut through two other hotels parking lots, then you get there. My room was clean, the a/c worked well, and the bed was comfy. Those was about the only positive things I can say. This hotel was very "worn out"...carpet worn out, alarm clock did not work, walls all marked up, carpet ripped, etc. The morning breakfast was pretty bad. Eggs were terrible, yogurt was frozen, fruit was old/spoiled, etc. I thought this hotel would be a little better/nicer considering the $125.00 a night that I paid. I noticed there were a few newer hotels in the area, next time I am in that area I will for sure look into one of those other hotels.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
      Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)