Holiday Inn Express Jackson/Pearl International Airport
Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in Pearl
Kailua Kona, HI
“Brand new”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

One night stay. Friendly and helpful staff on check in. Rooms were clean and spacious. Refrigerator and microwave in room but no coffee maker. There was usual breakfast in a spacious and well maintained area on the first floor. Lots of eating places close by. Just off the freeway and some noise could be heard even though we were away from it.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Sauk Village, Illinois
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I had to travel to Lake Providence, Louisiana for business. In order to stay near the Jackson Airport I chose this location. It was very late in the evening before I was able to arrive. My first encounter was with hotel staff member Manervia over the telephone. I had to inform her of my extreme late check-in as well as inquire on great places to eat near the hotel. Manervia was pleasant and very helpful with my inquiry. First of all, the hotel is conveniently located right off of I-20. In walking and very short driving distance is plenty of dining choices and a big movie theater. The hotel was about an 8 minute drive from the airport.

Boy oh boy was I glad to step inside such a nice hotel after a long and busy day with travel and work. The hotel lobby was clean with a modern décor. I really liked the design of the sitting area for breakfast. This area has a double sided fireplace.

When I stepped into my room on the fourth floor I was happy to see the modern and spacious accommodations. My absolute favorite part of the entire room was the bed. The bed was SO DARN comfortable to sleep in that I had to literally drag myself out of bed the next morning. I did not want to get up. I felt as if I was laying in luxury with sheets and comforters that hugged me as well as pillows that cradled my head. Now you might be thinking that I'm making this up because I was tired. I assure you the comfort is worth shouting to the rooftops about.

I wish I could speak more about the breakfast, but I can't. Again I stayed in bed too long to grab food before it was picked over. I arrived at breakfast 15 minutes before they were to shut down so there was not much left. I did get to taste a little of the scrambled eggs _ and they were good. The hot cinnamon rolls were good too. That was basically all that was left for me to taste because I do not eat pork products.

I give this hotel 2 thumbs up!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank BevCredelle
Denver
Reviewed May 22, 2013

This new hotel, while a little hard to find (Google maps will send you to the Holiday Inn by the Bass Pro Shop), seems to have everything you'd want in a Holiday Inn Express. The rooms seem new and well-designed with lots of outlets, and the breakfast is good. Comfortable beds The staff were kind of lackluster though, without the welcome I usually experience at other hotels of this kind. And there was something chilly and unfriendly about the place in general. Something about the hard surfaces, high ceilings, and truly awful cold blue fluorescent bulbs everywhere in the room made it rather depressing. I would make another choice next time.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Jackson/Pearl International Airport, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Dear MileHighMe,

Thank you your review of our property. I am glad to read that you liked our rooms and pleased that you enjoyed our breakfast.

I am sorry to hear that you didn't find the overall hotel's design to your liking. Our goal is to make sure that we provide an environment of comfort to our guest and we are concerned if we fall short of their expectations. Please accept my sincerest apologies for we were not able to exceed or at least be at par with your expectation.

Thank you for staying with us and we all hope that you give us another chance to serve you again.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare
johnson city tn
Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

Twice now i have been to this hotel and the staff here has been extremely rude in the check in process the first time the lady yelled at me bc i was paying with cash she said you should have told me that from the beginning now i have to start all over not mention when i called to reserve my room 3 times i was put on hold because she wad having a personal conversation which i could hear every word of the second time my husband went in to check in to a room we had reserved and they had given it away and told us our kind wasnt wanted there????? I guess bc we are white they didn't like us

• Stayed May 2013
AleksandraButler, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Jackson/Pearl International Airport, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Dear Nicole,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel. I am disappointed we failed to give you the great service and consideration we strive for with all our guests
– the type of service in which we pride ourselves. I would like to apologize on behalf of the hotel and its team for your poor experience. Please know that your comments have been reviewed in detail and steps are being taken to ensure these types of issues don't occur again. We appreciate your patronage and hope you will stay with us the next time you are in town. I can assure that we will do everything we can to make your stay a comfortable and happy one. Please contact me directly at aleksandrabutler@gmail.com should you like to continue this dialog. Thank you.
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed April 7, 2013

visit my son and his family (and his restaurant - walker's drive in) in jackson frequently. always stay at this hotel the night before returning to los angeles. clean, spacious rooms, full-service bar/restaurant, courteous and helpful staff. good value....and a shuttle to the airport.

Room Tip: high floor....away from airport.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Sam E
Dear Sam,
Thank you for your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express and for this great review. We truly appreciate your feedback regarding the room and our helpful staff as we pride ourselves in excellent customer service. Please contact me directly at aleksandrabutler@gmail.com should you need any assistance with your next stay. Thank you.
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
Reviewed March 2, 2013

I have recently found myself in south Jackson quite regularly for work, and this new Holiday Inn Express property has quickly climbed my list for places to stay when in the area. I have visited a number of Holiday Inn Expresses over the past year, and this is my favorite so far due to the modern room decor and layout, breakfast/sitting room with fireplace, and the fact that they are one of just a few nearby hotels (including other Priority Club, Hilton, and Marriott properties) that always seem to have availability at the state government rate ($77 + tax). I am a huge fan of the all-in-one bed headboard and nightstands, a very Ikea-esque design with great utility (translated "easy access to outlets"). The bed covers always feel too light and thin to me but always leave me surprisingly warmer than expected. I will confess that my first stay here gave me an almost immediate negative impression due to the coffee pot in my room never having been cleaned of old tea bags from a previous traveler, but I gave them a second chance and have never regretted it. Due to the hotel's location right on Interstate 20, I would recommend asking for a room on the opposite end of the hotel. The traffic noise can be a bit loud at times if in an interstate-facing room.

Room Tip: The hotel is right on Interstate 20, so ask for a room that is not facing the traffic noise.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank jb_advisor
AleksandraButler, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Jackson/Pearl International Airport, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear JB_advisor,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel. I am disappointed to see that we failed to provide you with a clean coffee pot on your first stay. It will definitely be address with our team. I'm so glad to hear that you decided to give another chance and that you enjoyed your last stay. I can assure that we will do everything we can to make your every stay a comfortable and happy one. Thank you for staying with us. Aleksandra Butler
L.A.
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Recently stayed at this property. The hotel had only been open for 2 months. The suites room was very good size room and bathroom stocked very well with amenities. There seems to be a string of these new hotels recently built between Jackson and New Orleans. I thought the staff was very friendly and helpful, especially being such a newly opened hotel. Buffet breaksfast was the usual Holiday Inn type and was very good with eggs, bacon, sausage, fruits, pastry items, cereal, etc. Would stay here again if in the area and would recommend to others

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank Steve-JL.a.
Dear Steve,

Thank you for being so kind in reviewing your stay with us. We truly appreciate your feedback regarding the room and our helpful staff as we pride our selves on excellent customer service. We hope that this is the beginning of a long lasting relationship with our hotel. Please feel free to contact our front desk staff or myself for your next booking. Thank you for your business. Aleksandra Butler-aleksandrabutler@gmail.com