“Great Place!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pass Christian
Oak Crest Mansion Inn
Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I spent two nights here and love the grounds and the inn keeper Bobby, he is very nice and informative. We will return as often as we can. The rooms are beautiful and the breakfast was amazing. Truly a great find on the gulf.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 16, 2014

My husband and I stayed for 2 nights as a birthday weekend get away for his birthday. We were disappointed.

Cons:
1. We arrived after 9 p.m. (Later than we anticipated) and upon arrival we could tell there was a wedding party going on. There was no one to greet us at the front door. I called the business #, and after getting no one, another guest at the mansion gave us Bobby's cell number. Bobby was our host. He made the remark that he had been waiting and waiting for us. Last I checked, guests can come and go as they please with no time limit.
2. When he took us to our room the first thing I noticed was the comforter was very sloppily put onto the bed. It looked like it had been made in a hurry.
3. I went into the bathroom and the toilet seat was up and the rim was covered in pee from a previous guest. There was toothpaste in the sink, splatters on the mirror, and hair in the bath tub.
4. We were given 2 towels and 2 rags. After the first night and day, we returned to our room with the bed not made and no new clean towels.
5. Breakfast was supposed to be served at 9 (which is a little late when you are on vacation. Most are ready to go!) and was served late both mornings.
6. The only thing we were offered was ice. We had to ask for water one night and ended up just buying a 2 liter drink and bringing it back. Later, a returning guest told us that the female host always had snacks and drinks out for the guests. But we had no idea that was an option.
7. There is no parking area so you just have to stick your vehicle wherever you find a spot.
8. There were only 2 small pillows on the bed. Definitely not what I would expect from a B&B.

Pros:
1. Breakfast was delicious. It was simple but very tasty!!
2. Other than the one smart remark from Bobby upon our arrival, he was pleasant and gave a short tour of the mansion and told some interesting history on the place.
3. It was peaceful and quiet.

Notes:
I do not plan to stay here again. I've had far better treatment at hotels and wish my experience had been better. Also, Bobby never even asked how our stay was. It was truly disappointing. The best thing we got out of it was that we made friends with another couple staying and plan to keep up with them.

• Stayed: March 2014
3  Thank JJTerry
Reviewed February 7, 2014

Loved it! The house and grounds are gorgeous and the Inn Keeper, Bobby, exemplifies southern hospitality. I frequently work at Stennis Space Center and I will continue to stay here for my business trips to the area. I have stayed at almost all the hotels/b&bs in the area, and this one is by far my favorite. It would be great for couples, business or traveling solo (probably not so much a kid place).

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed December 28, 2013

We stayed here for our honeymoon and came back this year. Bobby remembered us and was again very helpful and attentive.
We had the McGavock suite which is spacious with a great bed and beautiful bathroom.
The Bistro around the corner is a great place too and very convenient at night.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bente v
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Oak Crest is an impressive old mansion that has been restored by its present owners and turned into a lovely bed and breakfast. Bobby, the innkeeper, greeted us on the front porch before we had even reached the front door. As we entered the house, the sun beaming through the windows at the top of the double staircase made this a picturesque setting. Bobby took us on a tour of the mansion and chapel giving us a brief history of the estate. We requested the downstairs bedroom which was very pleasant and comfortable and has a handicap accessible bathroom with modern fixtures. A delicious breakfast was served in the dining room. My husband and I will definitely stay here again when we are in the area.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 9, 2013

My husband and I stay there every year. We love it. It is so beautiful and quiet. I'm not sure if Marci is still there but if she isn't, they should pay high dollar to get her back. She is a wonderful asset to this place. We love it!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed one night in a lovely room upstairs in the main house. The bed was very comfortable and the room had a gas fireplace, which was a really nice touch in the cold weather. The bathroom was pretty, but needed repairs to the faucets at the sink. The staff was really friendly and gave us a tour and history of the property. I would stay again when in the area.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Been to Oak Crest Mansion Inn? Share your experiences!