“Terrible Business”

Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Oxford
tclarkjr
“Terrible Business”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

I never got to stay at this hotel because of their unethical business practices. I made a reservation in March for a football weekend, when I called to ask if I could add a rollaway to that reservation I was told the reservation was cancelled in August by the manager Laura. Luckily I called ahead if I had showed up expecting my reservation to be honored I may have had no other choice but to pay the 200 plus dollars a night extortion. Do not give this hotel your business on any night, nevermind a football weekend. I will never stay at a Comfort Inn or any other Choice Hotel because of the way I was treated and disrespected by the Manager of this hotel. HER NAME IS LAURA DO NOT TRUST HER. If you were mistreated like I was or have a complaint about her or the hotel please call the corporate 800 line at 1-800-300-8800. I was told it does affect her job performance and review. Overall, if you have not stayed here yet please save yourself the trouble and don't do it.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank tclarkjr
lauranhood, General Manager at Quality Inn and Suites, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
In response to your review with Trip Advisor, I am very concerned with this matter. I was not made aware of this situation. Please call the property and speak with me about it so we can come to a resolution. We do not just cancel reservations, the guest has to tell us to cancel the reservation. Yes, our football rate is $199.99 a night, but if you booked at a lower rate, then we honor that. Numerous reservations on that particular weekend came in at a lower rate due to discounts through other websites. My name is Laura and you have never spoken to me, so I cant fix anything I dont know about. I look forward to talking to you regarding this issue. I strive to make all my guests happy.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Meridian, Mississippi
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

bring your air freshner!!!!!!!! smokey room, even purse, pjs, luggage smelled after staying there. iT IS A Budget hotel quality, do NOT let the price fool you. I have stayed at a nicer budget hotel near campus on game weekends for half the cost.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Rebel-mom-16
I am very sorry your stay with me was less than satisfactory. The evening that you stayed with us, we were sold out. I try to accomodate each guest, but that was what the reservation was for a smoking room. I am curious to know if you let the front desk know of your dissatisfaction, for your inconvience I could have given you a way to make the smell better, we have a special spray that seems to work miracles, and if that didnt work we would have at the very least given you a discount. Please call me, and on your next stay in Oxford, MS, I will be more than happy to make sure you have a non-smoking room.

Travelers are raving about these Oxford hotels

Tipton, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2012

Based on previous reviews we were skeptical. Desk clerk was friendly and we did not have reservations. Clerk said she was aware of bad reviews. Readily let us inspect room. It was a bit musty but clean. A deep cleaning would help. Wi-fi was good. Tv worked. Room was spacious. Not the best but acceptable.

• Stayed August 2012
Thank you sir! This property is under renovation and making changes to better the guest stay. On your next stay in Oxford, MS, come see us!
Naples
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2012

Move our daughter into college and booked the comfort inn.
This inn is very nice to stay at. Nice breakfast area . We would definetely stay here again.
Desk clerk very polite and curteous. Our room was clean and comfortable -no complaints
Close to shopping, Walmart , Belks and of course Ole Miss

Room Tip: This inn is close to shopping and a good place to stay for college visits
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you! I like to hear when my guests are happy! Be sure and stop again when you are in town!
Lima, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

Though there was a damp odor, and the property does need updating we found the rooms clean and acceptable for our trip to move our daughter into the college. For the price we will also be staying there Family Weekend. The front desk staff is very friendly and helpful especially Laura.

Pass Christian, Mississippi, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012

This hotel needs a major updating and some retraining on cleanliness. When we checked in we had to bang on the door to get in our room, the carpet was wet by the door and the smell was really fowl coming from the wet carpet. Our bedspread had holes in it and the bathroom was covered in hair! This was a bad experience and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone!

2 Thank Lisa C
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012

I recently traveled to Oxford from Texas. I stayed at this motel for four nights. My room was extremely clean when I got there and the housekeeping staff kept it clean during my stay. The front desk clerks were polite and courteous. The general manager is very professional and appears to take great pride in her job. The general manager seems to run the motel in the manner in which a quality motel should operate. I enjoyed my stay at this motel and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012
lauranhood, General Manager at Quality Inn and Suites, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Thank you so much for your response! My staff and I strive to bring friendly service to our guests. Please visit me again when you come back to Oxford, MS!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oxford
Holiday Inn Express Oxford
TownePlace Suites Oxford
The Inn at Ole Miss
The Inn at Ole Miss
#1 of 2 in University

Been to Quality Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!