“Well deserved reputation!”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Van Buren
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Quirky, elegant food in warm, friendly surroundings. Can't say enough good things about staff - charming and knowledgeable about the food. don't miss it!

Reviewed March 20, 2014

Yeah look it had a fair selection of beer, but it just seemed a bit... I don't know... meeeh? We sat outside on the patio watching the square, which was nice, but after a couple of beers we just didn't feel swanky enough to be there.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

When I was last in Oxford there were only three restaurants--30 years ago. One is still open, one burned down and the last was torn down. Thankfully, City Grocery is there to pick up the slack. I had "Chicken Fried Oysters" and "Shrimp and Grits." The oysters were right up there with the top 10 appetizers I've ever been served. Next time I will have two portions as an entree. Awesome. The Shrimp and Grits were also among the best I've had--Charleston, Savannah, NOLA--just a bit more spicy. I like spicy. But there was something just a little harsh about the dish--something that just missed harmony. But I ate it all, and was not at al unhappy. The service was friendly and attentive. I will go back next time I'm in town.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Food and service were very good but it's still incredibly noisy and not for those who want a dining experience with enjoyable conversation. We had not been there in a couple of years and decided to try it again but we will probably put it off until we have out of town company who want to try it just because it's well known!
Jody & Pick Scruggs
Oxford, Ms.

Reviewed March 1, 2014

Just had lunch and was very underwhelmed. I had the Winter Squash Salad and there was definitely a component missing I've eaten there twice now and will not go back