“Great stay in Oxford”

Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Oxford
virginia
“Great stay in Oxford”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Recent visit to Oxford to move my son in for his junior year at Ole Miss was easy because of the Hampton Inn. staff is excellent and friendly and helpful. the beds are extremely comfortable. We took advantage of the good breakfast which was sufficient with eggs, meat, cereals, coffee and such. the excercise room was a bit small, but satisfactory for our needs. ....

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Potomac, United States
Reviewed August 26, 2013

The overall service was terrific service, from start to finish. This is a great location relative to Ole Miss, just a 5 minute drive away. Breakfast was delicious and plentiful. The business center (i.e. computer and printer) is convenient. The workout room is small-ish, but has everything you need to get a workout in. In a town short of hotel options this is a very good choice, especially when considering the cost. We had a great experience and would definitely stay again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Amarillo, United States
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel numerous times. The staff is always friendly and helpful. The hotel is very clean, even during a recent remodel. I won't stay anywhere else in Oxford. We come to Oxford a few times a year to visit our son at Ole Miss. The staff is friendly from the time you walk in the door. I have never had any problems at the Hampton. The price seems high but is in line for a hotel in a town with a University.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Southaven, United States
Reviewed August 1, 2013

My family and I were in town for my daughter's wedding. Our stay at this hotel was great. It was clean, everyone was extremely friendly and made us feel welcome. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to others.

Conway, United States
Reviewed July 22, 2013

This hotel was great! I had read the reviews and thought it sounded too good be true. It was exactly as the reviews said it was. Very clean, very convenient and one of the best free breakfast choices I've seen. Would definitely stay here again if I'm in the area and would recommend to my friends.

Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed July 20, 2013

My 16 year old son and I stayed two nights at this Hampton Inn while he was attending a track and field camp at Ole Miss. Every staff member that we encountered was very professional and friendly. I wish that I had done a better job at getting names, but honestly everyone was nice. The folks at the front desk were great. Cesar is one name that I did get, and he was extremely helpful at giving me directions and suggestions on places to go while my son was at camp. The housekeeping staff was also extremely friendly and helpful.

Our room was a basic room with two beds. The beds were really very comfortable. I have a tempurpedic bed at home and generally the only thing that I dread about traveling is not having my bed to sleep in. The beds here were fantastic and we both got a great nights sleep. The room also had a microwave and fridge, and nice flat screen HDTV, a desk w/chair, and an easy chair. The bathroom had a nice shower head with good water pressure. One additional item that I thought was really nice was a port box on the night stand where you can plug in your smart phone and computer. That was handy.

I took advantage of the pool and hot tub spa while there. Both were very clean and the water temperature in both were perfect. Towels were provided in the pool area. Breakfast was nice, as well. Offerings included waffles, sausage, a pre-made omelet, fruit, yogurt, oatmeal, dry cereal, and donuts. I believe there were also biscuits. They have fresh coffee available all day, as well as hot water for tea.

The per night price is a little high, however, there aren't many hotels in Oxford, so it's a simple case of supply and demand. When we go back to Oxford, this hotel will be our first choice!

Ripley, Mississippi
Reviewed July 19, 2013

We have stayed here before and loved it! No complaints about anything. The room was clean and very comfortable. The staff was very friendly. It is close to several great restaurants and shopping areas. The complimentary breakfast was also good. We will definitely return!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Also consider these accommodations in or near Oxford
Holiday Inn Express Oxford
#1 of 2 in University
Hampton Inn Batesville
Hampton Inn Batesville
#1 of 8 in Batesville

Been to Hampton Inn Oxford-West? Share your experiences!