“I was happy with it.”

Hampton Inn Oxford-West
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Oxford
Reviewed August 9, 2011

Everyone has their own idea of what a "good location" means. Before I booked my stay I researched the area of this Hampton Inn. It's 5 minutes from the University of Mississippi, literally next door to multiple restaurants, and they are close to the freeway you exit off of in Oxford. In other words, it fits my ideal location.

My room was awesome. The breakfast was the regular hampton breakfast- eggs, french toast, waffles, etc. I did not have any complaints and my stay was great. So, I'd recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Oxford-West

Reviewed July 10, 2011

Everyone from the cleaning people to the manager were great. The rooms are very clean and the breakfast bar could not have been better. If staying in Oxford this has to be the best.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 22, 2011

Very quiet clean nice friendly staff nice gym and the cleanest that I have stayed in in a while the only draw back is the Internet is to slow to fo any work from your room had to walk to subway to use their free Internet. They have stuffed lions in the Lobby!

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed May 3, 2011

Nice hotel and very convenient to the Ole Miss campus. Rooms were spacious, nice bedding and good selection at breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 11, 2011

My 17 year old daughter & I stayed in this wonderful hotel while we visited University of Mississippi for a college visitation. Everyone was so helpful and accommodating and went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable. The room was clean (we had one of the recently renovated ones) and very nice with new carpet and bathroom amenities. The free breakfast was very good with sausages, biscuits, cereals, fruit and delicious coffee. Most importantly, although we had a room near the elevator, it was very quiet.

Probably the most astounding experience we had, however, was how this hotel went out of their way to accommodate us. As we checked out, I happened to ask the front clerk if there was a free shuttel available to take us on campus so we wouldn't have to try and find parking while classes were in session (we were SO glad we didn't try to find parking--every place was taken!). He readily answered with a "sure!" and immediately set us up with one. What is particularly remarkable is that he said the shuttle would pick us up after we were finished around 1:00. He suggested leaving our car in the hotel parking lot while we toured campus. While this may sound reasonable, considering that we had already CHECKED OUT, it went above and beyond usual customer service rendered by most hotel chains. I did tip the driver of the shuttel and he seemed genuinely shocked I had given him a tip! I was BLOWN AWAY by their southern hospitality and I live in the south myself!!!!
We found everyone in this hotel and in the town of Oxford to be so incredibly friendly, down to earth and solicitous. I HIGHLY recommend this hotel!! It is not in the quaint part of Oxford but worth the extra few minutes to get to.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 24, 2010

The Oxford Hampton was conveniently located near the highway and not far from the university. The front desk staff was very friendly at both check-in and check-out. There is a nice business center with PC and printer. A hot buffet breakfast was provided (sausage, scrambled eggs, biscuits, cereal, fruit, muffins, juice, etc.). My only complaint is that the walls seem thin - I was listening to the TVs of neighbors on both sides.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed November 18, 2010

Located close [ 3 minute drive] to the downtown Oxford square. Staff was friendly and the rooms [ as other reviewers have stated] extremely clean. Bed was fomfortable. The owner is from Africa and the decore has an African theme. He owns a wildlife preserve, hense the lions in the lobby. We were assured the 3 lions had all died of natural causes. The breakfast included hot items as well as the usualy fruits, cerials and drinks. I would definately to there again. Also as a foot note, all though on the expensive side had an excellent meal at the Waltz resturant...

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oxford
Holiday Inn Express Oxford
#1 of 2 in University
Comfort Suites Batesville
Comfort Suites Batesville
#2 of 8 in Batesville

Been to Hampton Inn Oxford-West? Share your experiences!