“Delicious!”

Cuisines: Thai
Batesville, Mississippi
“Delicious!”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I had never eaten Thai food before, and I went with my son recently. Ordering the spring rolls in an absolute must. I cannot remember what the name of my entree was, but it was the only one with flat noodles. It was delicious. One of my sons got cashew chicken, which was really good! My other son got green curry with coconut milk. It is ranked in hotness 1-5. He got a one, and it was the hottest thing I have ever put in my mouth but very good. You want to keep eating it, so keep your drink at hand. For dessert we ordered fried ice cream, which was amazing. This is one of my new faves for sure.

• Visited April 2013

Oxford, Mississippi
“Still the best Asian food in town”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Have been to Rice & Spice about 10 times, so far. The food has been consistently great. The service is professional and friendly. My favorite are the curries, although their stir fried selections are excellent, also. You may want to try their green tea as a beverage, which goes very well with the food. My favorite started is the tam yum soup with shrimp.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Walt A
South
“Light my fire!”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Very very very good Thai food. Completely traditional. Great people that run the place. Heat earrings are 1 - 5. Start at 3 which was plenty hot for me

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Beware, we wont be back.”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Friends first attitude toward service. If you knew one of the waitstaff you were well taken care of.
My wife and I were older and felt as if we were in the way. Crowded. People that came in after us ordering multiple courses were served before our simple vegetable and rice dish. Would not have known this if we hadn't been so jammed together. The food was passable. As one who has lived in Asia I know the food, and this is nothing special.
Too many good restaurants in Oxford to spend time or money here.

• Visited January 2013
Oxford, Mississippi
“Still the best Thai Food in Oxford”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

I keep eating at Rice and Spice and love it. The curry is always good and well seasoned. While specifically Thai, Rice and Spice continues to be the only place in Oxford with close to authentic asian food. The generic stuff sold as Chinese and Japanese at other Oxford restaurants is eatable, but nothing like real Chinese or Japanese food.

• Visited November 2012