“First time to Oxford, and hit the jackpot”

Lenora's Restaurant
Ranked #40 of 181 Restaurants in Oxford
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 22, 2012

I was in Oxford for a business trip on Wednesday and tried Lenora's at random while looking at the charming town square. Absolutely delicious meal of Caesar salad and chicken entree. Better chicken than I have had in New York! Very attentive and friendly staff. Highly recommend. A casual ambiance with a TV above the bar and bright tablecloths.

There are newer reviews for Lenora's Restaurant

Reviewed April 27, 2012

visited on a wednesday night and got in without a wait!! Specials were very tasty, great wine list, and very responsive service.

Reviewed April 8, 2012

Great and different environment for the square. Food was unique and tasty. Wine list very good. Service was helpful and kind even though they were quite busy that night. Even the owner made the rounds to ask if our food was good. We enjoyed it all and will go back.

Reviewed March 10, 2012

We ate there on a weeknight. The restaurant was not crowded at all. Folks in my party ordered salads, various entrees including salmon and filets, and desserts. I had the filet, it was perfect.

Reviewed February 17, 2012

We continue to hear good things about Lenora's, but our first experience was not a good one. I had a beautiful-to-look-at, very thick smoked pork chop, served with greens. Don't know how they managed to get such a thick cut so tough and dry but couldn't eat it. Both chop and greens were too salty to be edible ... (and I like my salt). When waiter finally appeared again, and we explained the issue, he responded with "Well, guess you don't want a to-go box then, huh?". Any place can have an off night in the kitchen even now and then, so based on other home town recommendations we will give Lenora's one more try. The bar area was inviting.

3  Thank bloomox