“Ursine dining on the square”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of McEwen's Oxford

McEwen's Oxford
Reserve with OpenTable
McEwen's Oxford is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 176 Restaurants in Oxford
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: South Lamar
Description: Manager: Lee.
Monroe, Louisiana
“Ursine dining on the square”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Not my first visit! I love the atmosphere and the food. The fried oyster appetizer was fabulous. Perfectly cooked. The salad was perfect and my sea bass was beautifully cooked. I do not often order sea bass, but I am so glad I did! We will return!

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank Tinkles47

Oxford, Mississippi, United States
“Food was not good”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

My husband and I went went to McEwen's for a date night. Both of us were not pleased with our meals. Needless to say, we will not be back.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Bentley D
“Consistently good”
Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

Treated out of town friends here on their first Oxford visit. The restaurant lived up to our expectations expressed to our friends beforehand. The sea bass and salmon were favorites. The warm mushroom salad was a hit with all of our group. The salads are large, so we split them. The wait staff was extremely willing to accommodate this request and brought each salad on a separate plate, a small but noticeable nice touch. Our friends loved this restaurant. So do we.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Eddy35
“So Romantic”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

My boyfriend and I visited this place for Valentines day. Make reservations in advance, because they seemed very busy. The food was amazing, though pricey. The atmosphere is extremely romantic and you can even have flowers sent to your table for your date.

Visited February 2013
2 Thank JessicaLCollins
Greenwood, Mississippi, USA
“Close to Perfect”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

The fried oyster appetizer had a crispy batter and the oysters were perfectly cooked and lightly topped with an excellent sauce. The finglerling potatoes and roasted tomatoes were a spot-on compliment to the expertly cooked and glazed grilled salmon. The shirmp and grits were tasty and spicy. Add nice drinks and well timed service and I had a meal to remember.

• Visited April 2013