“Terrific Burgers!”

Phillips Grocery
Ranked #25 of 187 Restaurants in Oxford
Cuisines: American
Reviewed March 4, 2014

It's the best place in Oxford for wonderful hamburgers! Little country store feel and you can eat there or take out.

Jody Scruggs
Oxford, Ms.

Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

Visited during late afternoon and found the food to be alright, not exceptional. Chili burger is actually pretty good, but cheese sticks are average at best. I liked them when I learned they had country bob's sauce, but soon lost hope with their mediocre wait staff. I just found them to be not that friendly. I still find myself asking why I even left a tip. Won't be back.

Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

I've eaten here a couple of times. The food is good, but over rated and over priced in my opinion. Sixty bucks for four to done. The weekend parking is rough. The lot is pretty small. It was worth the second trip to see the look on my son's face when they brought out the fried pickle spears! I would rather spend less. If you don't mind the price you would like it more than likely.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I'm new to Oxford and have been trying the local places to eat. Phillips Grocery doesn't look like much from the road and is easy to drive past without knowing its a restaurant. I made this mistake twice before stopping with my husband to try lunch there. Its small, you order from a counter and the menu is handwritten on a dry ease board. You're given a number to take to your table and they bring out your food when done cooking. I have to admit I wasn't really expecting much. I have to say, I was wrong. The food was GREAT. Took my oldest son there and he liked it so much he ordered some food to go and now requests it weekly. The staff there is friendly, and the food is great. This has become a family go to for us now.

Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

Somehow, Phillips got a reputation for having amazing burgers that is entirely undeserved. They're average, at best. Go with another option on the menu.

Another sticking point are the french fries. When nearly everyone you tells you to order a different side, you're doing it wrong. Nobody wants burnt french fries, sorry.

Been to Phillips Grocery? Share your experiences!