“The only B & B with Bikes!”
Review of The Z

The Z
Ranked #1 of 12 Oxford B&B and Inns
Louisville, Kentucky, United States
“The only B & B with Bikes!”
Reviewed April 17, 2012

The Z is located in walking distance to the town square however we really enjoyed borrowing Z's bikes and touring the entire town on two wheels. It's a fabulous way to see the campus and town. A great way to really experience the town's old southern architecture, houses, neighborhoods and campus. The Z is very tastefully decorated and they really pay attention to detail.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank MuppetMeg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed April 5, 2012

Our stay at The Z was an excellent choice for a short romantic anniversary get-away. The Southern hospitality was very evident in the accomodations, delicious and varied breakfasts that were served, wine offered each evening, and the most comforable of beds. Location is extremely convenient, and Annie and Brittany were wonderful and helpful hosts.

Room Tip: The Love Room proved to be a very spacious room with a romantic atmosphere which was wonderful for...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MsVick100
Austin, Texas
Reviewed March 6, 2012

The Z is a beautiful property in an excellent location. The owners are warm and accommodating. The breakfasts were delicious, and the beds were heavenly. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Nancy V
New York City, New York
Reviewed November 21, 2011

We came to Oxford on business last weekend and brought our two children with us from New York City. We wanted them to experience Southern hospitality instead of a chain hotel, so we chose The Z. Other family members joined us from Jackson so we booked the entire house, which made the experience all the more special. The beds were extremely comfortable, the food delicious, and the service was very welcoming and helpful. Annie and Brittany are capable hosts who work hard to make sure their guests are comfortable. We loved it!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank 410Berry4
Morehead, KY
Reviewed November 5, 2011

I stayed at The Z four nights in a row while in Oxford for meetings. It's within walking distance of the downtown square and Ole Miss. I had the room with the double bed that shared a bath with another guest room. The bed was very comfortable and I loved having a good light right over it; closet was handy for clothes and suitcase, although I would have liked to have a dresser that I could have unpacked into. I wasn't bothered by noise, although I wouldn't call the house well-insulated -- people were just quiet, I guess. The bathroom was lovely and towels thick!
The sisters running The Z were very accommodating to my vegetarian low-sodium diet requests, as well as to my preference for eating early (7:30 a.m. every morning). They provided keys to the room and the front door, so I could maintain any schedule I liked as far as coming and going. They were there when I needed something, but didn't hover, which I appreciated.
I enjoyed my stay there and would go back. I parked a car on the street some of the time and had no problems with being blocked in -- just don't put your car in the driveway.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank LAB57
Reviewed October 24, 2011

From the moment I arrived at the z, I was taken back by the wonderful decor inside and out. The owners were very nice and strived to make my stay in Oxford memorable. The food was the beat breakfast I've had in a very long time. Great place and would recommend highly for anyone!

• Stayed October 2011
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed September 3, 2011

My car was blocked in from almost the moment I arrived to the moment I left. Thankfully I was able to walk or catch transit everywhere but I was unable to get out as much as I would have liked. I felt like I was trapped in that area. The food is very rich and they do not provide a "healthier" option. The walls in the place must be paper thin because someone was talking on the phone all night. Confronting the proprietors about the issues with my stay, they simply passed the blame elsewhere. I do not recommend this B&B and will never consider The Z as an option for future visits to Oxford MS.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oxford
Graduate Oxford
The Inn at Ole Miss
The Inn at Ole Miss
#1 of 2 in University
Holiday Inn Express Oxford

Been to The Z? Share your experiences!