Castle Hill
  • Restaurant
$68
$76
QualityInn
Hampton Inn Oxford-West(Oxford)(Great Value!)
$107
Hampton.com
TownePlace Suites Oxford(Oxford)(Great Value!)
$149
$134
TownePlace Suites
Holiday Inn Express Oxford(Oxford)(Great Value!)
$119
$129
$116
Courtyard
TripAdvisor
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed January 7, 2013

So I arrive and photograph the exterior architecture, enter the place. It is freezing cold. An unkempt lady eventually emerges with a cane and says the owners are not in town. She cannot find my reservation but it is written down somewhere in pencil on the tacky bar. I ask to see the room. It is tiny, cold, and there is no place to even rest a lap top. I go downstairs and she calls the owner who proceeds to yell at me, interrupt me, and tell me I should have done more research on the internet before booking. I decide I simply cannot stay in this dungeon and the owner tells me she is going to keep my $154 deposit before I did not cancel within seven days. We finally agree on half of that amount and with great relief I exit this awful shell with almost no guests or service and drive to Memphis. I have never left a place in all my years. Stay away.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
5  Thank seattlepro
Reviewed January 1, 2013

As one of the earlier reviewers said, there are NO hostess or really any staff here. I am from Oxford and heard a lot about how great this place was so when I came back to visit with my boyfriend, we stayed at Castle Hill. It was embarrassing to say the least. When we arrived, the owner took our card, ran it for for a very high amount, and then told us that they were leaving for a week and wouldn't be there but a house keeper would be there. There was NO breakfast for the entire week, there were no other guests for most of it, we were completely alone. The housekeeper was terrible and we had to call the owners to remind her to come to our room to clean it. When she did come, she didn't really clean. I mean, our coffee cups from the morning would still be there with trash around them but she would make the bed? It was disgusting! The room wasn't even in the main house even though we were the only guests! The bar area was open and was on the "honor system" whatever that is, as stated before NO staff, NO phones, NO breakfast (for us), NOTHING. What a waste of a building. If the family was going out of town, they shouldn't have taken our money and given us the room. Stay away, this place is a rip off and ruined our trip completely.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
8  Thank ayocricket
Reviewed January 25, 2012

This was a nice experience... The owners were not in your face. The rooms were very nice and quiet and beds comfortable. The views are really nice as this place is situated on a high point. Breakfast was really nice and the hash browns were great. The pool was a lot of fun with the nephews.
Negatives were probably having to ask for towels. The location is a few miles from downtown Oxford, but it's a quick drive on hwy 6. Also, it's a bit pricy to not be downtown.

Room Tip: Peggy room was great, plenty of room, nice bed.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 19, 2011

The business has recently changed hands. The facility is excellent. Located at the top of a hill with lovely views, it consists of a pillared, claasical revival main house and a separate addition in the rear. The grounds were well tended. All in all, a lovely facility. But...
We were there three days and two nights and never saw a host/hostess. There was no one there to welcome us or to answer questions. There are no phones in the room and our room did not have an alarm clock. The first night there were no bars of soap in the bathrooms. The tub was clean, but so slippery that I skipped my shower the second morning. Two bulbs were out in the chandeliers. As yet, neither my GPS nor MapQuest gave me accuate direections and there are none on the resort's website. This is a wonderful facility, and, in time, I'm certain that all these little things will be corrected.

Room Tip: All these
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple