“Great salad and drinks” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Volta Taverna

Volta Taverna
Ranked #5 of 175 Restaurants in Oxford
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Oxford, Mississippi
“Great salad and drinks”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Sat outside on the deck and had yummy margaritas with a really wonderful Greek salad to which I asked to have added ingredients. Service was attentive and the changes no problem. Will go there again.

Visited May 2014

Memphis
“Favorite Oxford Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

Great Greek restaurant! Highly recommend the Greek pimento cheese with pitas. The salads are wonderful and gyros are delicious! Service is fast and helpful. Wonderful place to go for lunch or dinner!

Visited March 2014
Mem
“Overated”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

For so many Mediterranean restaurants that I have been to, this one is just average. Given that there is not many Greek food choices in Oxford, MS, this one becomes somehow unique.

Visited January 2014
New York City, New York
“yum hummus”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Best hummus and pimento cheese dips. Margaritas are also amazing. Great casual place to go for lunch or dinner.

Visited October 2013
Memphis, Tennessee
“Loooove the Spicy Chicken Stew”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

First let me say that I live miles outside Oxford...many, many miles. And every year as the weather starts to cool I begin to crave Volta's Spicy Chicken Stew...and I hop in the car and drive...with Tupperware.
I love this stew!! Thick and hearty and meaty. I don't even LIKE chickpeas and I love them in this stew. There is spice, but it's more about flavor. There is heat, but it is well controlled. This stew is just full of flavor and texture. One of my all time favorite comfort foods.
I did some work in Oxford and a friend took me to Volta's for dinner one night. Service was really good, Hotty Totty Balls (forgive me) were excellent as were the drinks and the gyros and the hummus. But only the Chicken Stew would bring me (and my Tupperware) back this many miles. Oxford has some wonderful restaurants, but this is one of my favorites.

• Visited October 2012