All reviewsgreeted us warmlyole missa great staywalking distancehash brownseach morningfresh fruitin townkeithsquarecampusgame
Reviewed May 16, 2006

We went to Oxford for an overnight getaway from Memphis & absolutely loved the Oliver Britt House. I was a little nervous because of 2 bad reviews I had read, but took a chance and am so glad we did. Ms Ilene is a wonderful host & breakfast was great as well. We stayed in Room #5. The bed was comfortable & we had all that we needed. The location is perfect- walking distance to the Square & to Ole Miss.

We had dinner at L&M's, which was divine. I highly recommend both.

• Stayed: May 2006
6  Thank RKuebler
Reviewed May 6, 2006

We spent the night in the Oliver-Britt House while visiting our children in Oxford. The house once was nice, no doubt, but it is old and has not be updated and kept up. The carpet on the stairs is very worn, the furniture looks the same. The paint on the house, inside and out is peeling. There was a smoke detector in our room on the ceiling but it was open and no battery in it. There was no soap for the tub and no electrical outlet in the bathroom. If you are thinking about staying at the Oliver-Britt House, all I would recommend is do not.
We will return to Oxford, but will stay elsewhere!

• Stayed: May 2006
8  Thank Compass15322
Reviewed March 5, 2006

After reading various reviews, my husband and I thought that we would stay at the Oliver Britt while in Oxford for the Ole Miss baseball games.

The place is a dump. I don't think it's been painted since being initially refurbished. There are water stains on the ceilings. The hallways are dark with just a bulb hanging down. The furniture had not been dusted. The clawfoot tub (charming) looked dirty. The comforter did not look clean - blood stains!!! No ice in the ice machine and unless you want to get water out of the bathroom sink, there's no access to a kitchen.

Supposedly breakfast is included (weekends only), but all I saw was a couple sitting at the table with the small single serve box of commercial cereal. We ate at McDonald's.

We only saw the house resident upon check - in and -out. We never saw the owners, which is a good thing I guess, because I would have asked for my money back. Go to Oxford - it's a wonderful place, but don't stay at the Oliver Britt.

• Stayed: March 2006
4  Thank ms_dixie60
Reviewed March 30, 2005

I recently completed my trip to Oxford, Mississippi. I wasn't sure what to expect and came away so happy with my trip. The people of Oxford are wonderful. Its great to walk down the street and people actually greet you, say Hello, Good Morning, and are happy to assist you with your needs. I stayed in the Oliver-Britt House Bed and Breakfast. This is a wonderful 100 year old house with all the southern charm and beauty you hear of in the South. The owners and those who are employed there are delightful. The history of Oxford captivated me. Especially the history regarding author William Faulkner. For a fairly small community, theres so much to do and even more to see. I recommend Oxford to anyone who loves history and/or just wants to slow down, take it easy and enjoy the true beauty of the south. It was wonderful to see how this community comes together and helps one another.

10  Thank Memphisbound