The 5 Twelve
$139
Chancellor's House(Oxford)(Great Value!)
$199
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Express Oxford(Oxford)(Great Value!)
$119
HIExpress.com
$76
QualityInn
Castle Hill(Oxford)
$142
Travelocity
TownePlace Suites Oxford(Oxford)(Great Value!)
$149
$134
TownePlace Suites
Hampton Inn Oxford-West(Oxford)(Great Value!)
$107
Hampton.com
$116
Hampton.com
Courtyard Oxford(Oxford)(Great Value!)
$129
The Nests BnB and Events(Oxford)(Great Value!)
$135
All reviewsgreeted us warmlyhomemade apple butterole missa great staywalking distancehash brownseach morningfresh fruitin townkeithcampussquarebookstoregame
Reviewed March 29, 2013

My wife and I are in our late 20s and have yet to understand why more 'young people' don't look to B&Bs for out-of-town getaways. You're seriously missing out. The 5 Twelve is a great little bed & breakfast within walking distance of the Oxford Square and campus. We stayed one night, but it was a very restful, comfortable night. The house is old & charming, but the decor & furnishings are updated. The bed was almost too comfy if that's possible and my wife really enjoyed the large claw-foot bathtub. Everything was clean and nice. The breakfast was good - scrambled eggs, hashbrowns, bacon, fruit & toast. I'm not sure if that varies from day-to-day, but it was hot and good. If I were to take off any points it might be because I would like a little more 'wow' in the breakfast (some fresh pastries or something) or that the walls were pretty thin. But that's looking hard for a critique. Add in the reasonable rates & friendly (but not overbearing staff) and it makes for a great stay. We'll definitely be back.

Room Tip: Room 4 has a claw-foot tub. Very nice if you like those. Bathroom is cramped (most older houses are), but the tub justifies the limited space.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank orionrebel21
Reviewed January 10, 2013

The location of this bed and breakfast is ideal. We were within walking distance of the Square with its great shops and also the Ole Miss campus. Our room was comfortable although the bed in our room was surrounded by a ledge that I found bothersome. The live-in manager said that they are getting new four poster beds like the traditional ones most people are used to.

You might want to be aware that there are two flights of stairs to go up to get to the bedrooms, which are located on the second floor. Three flights if you stay in the suite. However, this was not a bother to us. The B&B is in an old house well kept and well maintained house.

The kitchen is updated and professionally equipped. The breakfast is excellent with delicious fresh fruit and biscuits or croissants served with eggs cooked to order and bacon or sausage and plenty of juice and coffee!

Miss Ilene, the on-site live-in manager, is terrific! The Inn was not busy at the time of our stay, and as we were the only guests at breakfast at that hour, we invited her to sit with us as we ate. I am so glad we did. The conversation was the highlight of the stay! Our room was clean, nicely furnished and adequate in size. The bathroom was spotless and spacious, but turn on the faucet to let the water run before you step into the shower. It takes a bit of time for the water to run hot.

Plenty of off street parking available. Check the website for photos of the bedrooms. Some are larger than others but all are very nice.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RedLinetoDowntown
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Awesome all around - super comfy and quiet. Delicious food. Easy walk to downtown Oxford. The room we had was the most affordable (student budget), but it felt nice and we had a bunch of windows, a cool tub, and an EXTREMELY comfortable bed. We both slept til almost 10 the next morning.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 1, 2012

My daughter & I stayed at the 5 twelve in August for a college tour at Ole Miss. We found the rooms to be very clean with nice linens. Our bathroom was a bit small; however this is a very old home & the baths are smaller than we are used to & we did book the room last minute so room choices were limited. This would not prevent me from staying there again.

The staff was wonderful, friendly & accommodating. The food was excellent- a fantastic southern breakfast was served. I will agree with one poster that you can hear footsteps throughout the house on the wood floors. This did not prevent me from sleeping, but I did hear people walking and talking after 10 pm.

Room Tip: This B&B is not ADA compatible if that is a concern for you.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank kellithetaz
Reviewed June 24, 2012

My wife and I stayed here recently visiting our son. We arrived around 9pm and as promised, all was ready and a real friendly greeting we received. We stayed in a room with a queen bed, a very nice small bathroom, no closet but a clothes rack, flat screen tv and we were quite content. We did not hear any other guests. There's only 5 rooms I believe. All on the 2nd and 3rd floor.
Bed was very nice quality. Breakfast was very pleasant eating with another couple in the dining room. Miss. Ilene cooked and is the live in Mgr. She is just so fine. Breakfast was all fresh and of average size. Plenty of O.J. and good coffee. We may very well stay there again. The location in a neighborhood rather than on a busy thorough fare and only 4 blocks to campus or "The Square" is very nice. Private parking also included.

Room Tip: As with most B and Bs reserve early and read reviews as to some of the room descriptions.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family