All reviewsgreeted us warmlyole missa great staywalking distancehash brownseach morningfresh fruitin townkeithsquarecampusgame
Reviewed June 24, 2012

My wife and I stayed here recently visiting our son. We arrived around 9pm and as promised, all was ready and a real friendly greeting we received. We stayed in a room with a queen bed, a very nice small bathroom, no closet but a clothes rack, flat screen tv and we were quite content. We did not hear any other guests. There's only 5 rooms I believe. All on the 2nd and 3rd floor.
Bed was very nice quality. Breakfast was very pleasant eating with another couple in the dining room. Miss. Ilene cooked and is the live in Mgr. She is just so fine. Breakfast was all fresh and of average size. Plenty of O.J. and good coffee. We may very well stay there again. The location in a neighborhood rather than on a busy thorough fare and only 4 blocks to campus or "The Square" is very nice. Private parking also included.

Room Tip: As with most B and Bs reserve early and read reviews as to some of the room descriptions.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank toadandbear
Reviewed June 6, 2012

My daughter and I stayed here while visiting Ole Miss, we stayed in room 1. The bed was so comfortable, we didn't want to leave, also the owner was very nice and only appeared when we arrived and gave us keys, and an info. sheet w/ a phone number in case we needed anything. Rest assured he had everything we could need in our room and with the info. on the sheet. We slept very soundly in this beautiful old home, not at all like one might picture an old home to be. Very quiet. We had dinner in the square which was just a short 3 block walk away, and in the morning we had a fantastic breakfast served by his wonderful staff, (i wish i had gotten her name), she could not have been more friendly and helpful, and the breakfast was a great southern breakfast w/ orange juice and coffee. My daughter loved the school so I do believe we will be back and let me just say there is no other place to stay in Oxford. LOVED IT!!!!! :)

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Janet L
Reviewed June 1, 2012

I can't understand why so many reviewers rave about the 512. Here's the positive. It is clean and the beds were VERY comfortable. But that's it. In a town like Oxford, MS, the remodeling/decorating is a travesty. It's a beautiful, antebellum home that has been desecrated by garish modern appointments. The result is a cavernous, unwelcoming space that resounds with the footfalls of every guest at all hours of the night. Spending a night there is more like a dorm experience than a B&B. (To have an appreciation for what can be done with a house like the 512, one should visit "Our House B&B" in St. Augustine, FL.)

There was nothing uniquely Southern about breakfast: scrambled eggs, bacon, biscuit, juice - much like one might find at Cracker Barrel. Worse still was the large screen TV mounted on the wall of the dining room, playing the talking heads on the morning news. Horrible. If I wanted that kind of "atmosphere," I would have stayed at a Hampton Inn.

The city of Oxford, MS itself is marvelous. We will be back. But we won't be staying at the overpriced, overrated 512.

Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Philosloth
Reviewed April 22, 2012

As many other reviewers, my son and I stayed here while visiting Ole Miss. We stayed in the top floor suite (a double bed, a single bed and a bathroom...along with a sitting area). You cannot beat the location of this B&B...we walked to dinner every night in the square and the streets are filled with people. Excellent and helpful staff, very clean facilities. One down side of staying on the top floor...no water pressure. No big deal, just be prepared for a bath instead of a shower. Lovely breakfast. Will stay here again many times in the coming years since my son has decided Ole Miss is the place for him.

Room Tip: parking is not an issue..plenty on the street or side of the B&B.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank elecguitar
Reviewed March 14, 2012

We were in the suite on the third floor -- just right for a mom and two grown daughters to hang out in between walking around Oxford jaunts. It really is an easy walk to the quaint square. Ilene was gracious, friendly and served a delicious breakfast. Outstanding linens....As the title says -- just charming!!

Stayed: March 2012