“Spent a Few Days Here while Our Daughter visited Ole Miss”
Review of The 5 Twelve

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Oxford
The 5 Twelve
Ranked #2 of 12 Oxford B&B and Inns
Chicago, Illinois
“Spent a Few Days Here while Our Daughter visited Ole Miss”
Reviewed June 30, 2011

We were looking at Ole Miss as a school. Our daughter did matriculate there in the Chinese Program and in Croft. This is a great place to stay. Beds and baths were great. Internet worked. It's near the square, and you can walk to the campus. Really nice people. Love the porch rockers. We will return.

I hate to write this review, because I don't want anyone else to find out about the 512.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
south carolina
Reviewed June 28, 2011

We just stayed at the 5 Twelve during a trip to Oxford for our son's college orientation at Ole Miss. I can't think of enough good things to say about this place. I only wish we could have stayed longer and spent more time there! Miss Ilene who is there at night and the mornings, and George, the owner, are two of the nicest people you could ever hope to meet. They were both so friendly and accommodating! The rooms (we were in rooms 1 and 4) were both beautiful and spotlessly clean. Room 1 has a king sized bed that was super comfortable, and Room 4 is smaller and had a queen sized bed but a full standing shower. Room 1 had a shower set-up in the clawfoot tub, but it was plenty big enough and tall enough for my 6'5" @ 250 lb. husband. The 5 Twelve is within easy walking distance of both the square and the University, even in the 95 degree heat! The rooms were very quiet- the inn was full while we were there but we never heard any room noise from the other rooms.

Unfortunately our activities at Ole Miss started very early each morning, so we missed Miss Ilene's breakfast, which we heard was delicious. They offered to make us an early breakfast (so kind! ) but we didn't want to put them to the trouble. We'll have breakfast the next time we stay here!

I give this place 5 A+++++, 5 stars, any superlative that you can give! Very much looking forward to our next stay there! Miss Ilene and George- thanks for all your kindness and for making our stay so special!

Room Tip: Room 1 seems to be the largest room
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank uvagrad
Boston
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Cute little B&B just a couple blocks from the center of town. I really enjoyed Oxford most on my trip to the deep south. Helpful people at the B&B but I have to say, I was a little disappointed in the very basic breakfast. Eggs, overdone bacon, okay biscuit and fruit. Nothing to write home about and I would have rather saved my appetite for the Crystal Grill in Greenwood. But overall, a nice night in Oxford.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Potomac, Maryland
Reviewed February 25, 2011

I visited Oxford with my college bound daughter. She loved Ole Miss and plans to attend this fall. This is my favorite B&B in years. The rooms were large comfortable, great bedding and very clean. Miss Ilene made us a delicious breakfast in the morning but the conversation with her was the best. My daughter didn't want to leave. After a few short hours in the morning with Miss Ilene, my daughter said as she rolled her luggage off the wonderful front porch, "I feel like I'm leaving home". The location is great. We were the only guests and had the beautiful home completely to ourselves. I'm sure I will be back often while my daughter attends Ole Miss.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank fun-on-wheels
Cincinnati, OH
Reviewed February 23, 2011

The Oliver-Britt House, which is now renamed "The 5 Twelve," is a wonderful place to stay in Oxford, MS. It is near to everything a person wants to see who comes to visit Oxford. Going left out of the B & B, you can walk over to Ole Miss. Going right out of the place, you are just a few short blocks from the charming town center of Oxford. My husband and I came to Oxford also to see the home, named Rowan Oak, of novelist William Faulkner. The 5 Twelve was near to a beautiful, meandering trail through the woods that led us right to the yard of Rowan Oak.

The 5 Twelve is clean, beautiful and updated, a fusion of modern prints along with more traditional stunningly beautiful oriental rugs. The B & B provides a most comfortable bed with soft sheets and cozy duvet, plush towels, floor to ceiling windows, shampoo and lotion that is paraben-free, coffee and tea service, and many possible outside places to sit. The staff were wonderful and most accommodating. The dining area was bright, cheerful, nicely laid out; the breakfast was delicious, a full southern breakfast.

We loved our stay here and would certainly stay again!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MargaretBcinci
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed February 21, 2011

What a pleasant surprise! We have never been to Oxford before, but met another couple there for a Faulkner fan club weekend. The 5 Twelve was such a nice place to stay. Tons of old south character, very clean, great rooms, bed, baths, and homemade breakfast. It was lovely to be there. We could walk everywhere in just a couple of blocks.

Staying in a hotel is just a complete bore. We recommend opting for something with tons of charm.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
McLean, Virginia
Reviewed August 9, 2009

Oliver-Britt House is now called the 512 Inn and it has been remodelled. I had stayed at this B&B several years ago prior to the remodel and was really impressed by the work that has been done on it. It's located on a quiet residential street just a few short blocks from the Square..an ideal location. The rooms have been very tastefully redone, but not "over"done, the breakfast is very good Southern home cooking. The home has beautiful porches where you can sit outside. I believe there are 6 rooms, we stayed in room #1 and I think for the night it was around $120.00, well worth every penny. Loved it.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JoleneBrussels
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oxford
Graduate Oxford
#1 of 2 in University
Hampton Inn Oxford-West
Holiday Inn Express Oxford
TownePlace Suites Oxford

Been to The 5 Twelve? Share your experiences!