“Nice B&B”
Review of The 5 Twelve

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Oxford
The 5 Twelve
Ranked #2 of 12 Oxford B&B and Inns
Boston
“Nice B&B”
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Cute little B&B just a couple blocks from the center of town. I really enjoyed Oxford most on my trip to the deep south. Helpful people at the B&B but I have to say, I was a little disappointed in the very basic breakfast. Eggs, overdone bacon, okay biscuit and fruit. Nothing to write home about and I would have rather saved my appetite for the Crystal Grill in Greenwood. But overall, a nice night in Oxford.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Potomac, Maryland
Reviewed February 25, 2011

I visited Oxford with my college bound daughter. She loved Ole Miss and plans to attend this fall. This is my favorite B&B in years. The rooms were large comfortable, great bedding and very clean. Miss Ilene made us a delicious breakfast in the morning but the conversation with her was the best. My daughter didn't want to leave. After a few short hours in the morning with Miss Ilene, my daughter said as she rolled her luggage off the wonderful front porch, "I feel like I'm leaving home". The location is great. We were the only guests and had the beautiful home completely to ourselves. I'm sure I will be back often while my daughter attends Ole Miss.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank fun-on-wheels
Cincinnati, OH
Reviewed February 23, 2011

The Oliver-Britt House, which is now renamed "The 5 Twelve," is a wonderful place to stay in Oxford, MS. It is near to everything a person wants to see who comes to visit Oxford. Going left out of the B & B, you can walk over to Ole Miss. Going right out of the place, you are just a few short blocks from the charming town center of Oxford. My husband and I came to Oxford also to see the home, named Rowan Oak, of novelist William Faulkner. The 5 Twelve was near to a beautiful, meandering trail through the woods that led us right to the yard of Rowan Oak.

The 5 Twelve is clean, beautiful and updated, a fusion of modern prints along with more traditional stunningly beautiful oriental rugs. The B & B provides a most comfortable bed with soft sheets and cozy duvet, plush towels, floor to ceiling windows, shampoo and lotion that is paraben-free, coffee and tea service, and many possible outside places to sit. The staff were wonderful and most accommodating. The dining area was bright, cheerful, nicely laid out; the breakfast was delicious, a full southern breakfast.

We loved our stay here and would certainly stay again!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MargaretBcinci
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed February 21, 2011

What a pleasant surprise! We have never been to Oxford before, but met another couple there for a Faulkner fan club weekend. The 5 Twelve was such a nice place to stay. Tons of old south character, very clean, great rooms, bed, baths, and homemade breakfast. It was lovely to be there. We could walk everywhere in just a couple of blocks.

Staying in a hotel is just a complete bore. We recommend opting for something with tons of charm.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
McLean, Virginia
Reviewed August 9, 2009

Oliver-Britt House is now called the 512 Inn and it has been remodelled. I had stayed at this B&B several years ago prior to the remodel and was really impressed by the work that has been done on it. It's located on a quiet residential street just a few short blocks from the Square..an ideal location. The rooms have been very tastefully redone, but not "over"done, the breakfast is very good Southern home cooking. The home has beautiful porches where you can sit outside. I believe there are 6 rooms, we stayed in room #1 and I think for the night it was around $120.00, well worth every penny. Loved it.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JoleneBrussels
Arkansas
Reviewed October 31, 2008

As a member of two couples traveling to Oxford for the first time, I was primarily concerned with location. We were traveling to see a concert at the restored Lyric theater on the Square, and I preferred accomodations within walking distance. I was concerned about previous reviews of the Oliver Britt House (now known, I believe, as the 512), but because it is so close to both the university and the Square, we decided to go by for a viewing.

This B&B has been updated not in the traditional sense with antiques, but with modern furniture and fixtures, flatscreen TV's, and interesting art. (They retained the clawfoot tubs.) We especially enjoyed relaxing out on the balcony. This B&B is located in a neighborhood and the people-watching (bikers, baby strollers, co-ed's) was prime.

Smaller rooms were $100/night, but we opted for the large rooms @ $125 each. Of course, rates go up for football games. All the rooms have a separate bath. Breakfast was fresh cooked with lots of coffee and our hostess was very helpful. I understand that she has been there for many years.

Window sills, balcony rails, and banisters had been painted recently, but if you are picky, you would have sanded or stripped before you painted over the old paint. I think it just goes with the Oxford atmosphere. Everything was clean. The beds were comfortable.

The concert was great, although I may have been the oldest attendee. There is great dining at the Square. The next day we has a relaxing visit to the Faulkner house which is just a stone's throw away.

It was a splendid visit and I hope to return.

• Liked — Proximaty to Concert and University
  • Disliked — Nothing comes to mind
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
2 Thank arhogfan
LONG BEACH
Reviewed November 13, 2007

The interior remoldeling is nice. Modern furniture. Exterior paint is not so lovely. They painted over the existing paint w/o sanding it. Very comfortable room. The problem was that they were doing a photo shoot for a website, but did so very early in the morning waking me up.

• Liked — huge, comfy bed & clawfoot tub
  • Disliked — noise
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank CZimTX
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oxford
Graduate Oxford
The Inn at Ole Miss
The Inn at Ole Miss
#1 of 2 in University
Hampton Inn Oxford-West

Been to The 5 Twelve? Share your experiences!