“Where was this when I lived here?!?!”
Review of Ravine

Ravine
Ranked #8 of 181 Restaurants in Oxford
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Took my wife to Ravine tonight to celebrate her birthday and enjoyed every bit of it. I haven't been everywhere in Oxford, but would put this higher or as high as anywhere on my list. Great food, strong, well made drinks and delicious desserts. We started with the butter broiled crawfish appetizer (awesome), I had soup of the day which was a potato Parmesan (delicious). My wife ordered the duck with jasmine rice pancakes, grilled onion and cherries (cooked just right and very cool combo of flavors). I had the chargrilled pork tenderloin with cayenne sweet potato purée and a ginger apple coulis. This dish hit all the taste buds and was much hotter than expected, but in that 'my mouth can't stop wanting more - hurts so good kind of way'. So good. For desserts she had the turtle cheesecake (real cheesecake) and I had the hazelnut pie. It was very delectable, but if I had to change anything about my meal I'd prefer a softer more crumbly crust on the pie - personal preference. For drinks she had the strawberry lemon drop and I had the 'lower east side' basically the house version of a makers mark old fashioned served up martini style. Very good. The service was friendly yet unobtrusive, the food is locally sourced with farmers listed on the menu, portions we're spot on and the prices were reasonable for the quality. My new favorite place in Oxford for a nice dinner. Kudos to the chef and staff.

1  Thank orionrebel21
There are newer reviews for Ravine

Reviewed March 11, 2013

This was our one night out trip to Oxford and we picked this place because it seems more romantic than the places on the square and I'm glad we went here. The staff knew the specials off the top of their head. The setting was wonderful. We might buy some of the artwork that was displayed.

Good desserts as well.

1  Thank memphis_m
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Visited on a Wed, nite last time and enjoyed the tapas menu..this way you can choose several small didhes and get to sample more the normal dining..have eaten there for over 3 years and have never been anything but happy with food quality and service..you should go try it for yourself!!

1  Thank ajf1967
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We have been to two wine and food pairing dinners this fall ... themed several course dinners with wine. The chef/owner addresses the restaurant related to food and a guest sommelier is there to discuss wines she has paired with each course. A great BARGAIN for a fun evening. Looking forward to the next offering. The restaurant is cozy, food always good, and they serve the best little biscuits I've ever tasted. Very reasonable Tapas menu on Wed nights, really nice Sunday brunch.

1  Thank bloomox
Reviewed December 22, 2012

My wife and I had a great anniversary dinner at the Ravine in Oxford, MS. We enjoyed greek spiced grilled shrimp ( small plates ), house greens salad, duck breast and beef filet (entrees ) and a wonderful vanilla, bourbon creme brulee. Wonderful food flavors, presentation and very attentive staff....highly recommend the Ravine!

1  Thank OrthoDoc69