“Good Southern Food, Great Atmosphere”
Review of Ajax Diner

Ajax Diner
Ranked #1 of 186 Restaurants in Oxford
Cuisines: Diner
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Visited the place while in town on business. I was solo and had a great dinner at the bar. The only down side is that they charged $1 extra for Mac and Cheese.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Abundant and tasty Southern cooking at a lively diner on Oxford's quaint town square filled with students, families and couples all with a single goal - good food at a reasonable price. We left very content and so, I suspect, did all of the rest.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

We had dinner here on a weeknight. The portions were large, and the prices were reasonable. I had the chicken and dumplings, which I highly recommend. The chocolate chess pie was dense and delicious. The town square where the restaurant is located has distinctive architecture and an old courthouse right in the center. We went early on a Monday night, and the place was full by the time we left.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

The food selections in this small college town are exceptional. For down home cooking with a kick, you must try Ajax! The meatloaf is exceptional. The macaroni and cheese rates as well. Just get here early (11:00 am). If you get here after that, there will be a line...a long line.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Last week I spent a night in Oxford, traveling from Michigan to Vicksburg, MS. I asked the hotel clerk at the Hampton Inn for a recommendation of a "local" restaurant, wanting to avoid yet another national chain place. (I can eat at an Applebee's anytime.) She gave me three recommendations, including the Ajax Diner, which was her first choice. Although I had to drive a mile or so back into town, it was well worth it. I enjoyed walking around the downtown area around the courthouse --- if anyone hasn't seen Oxford, it's well worth it to go there. I went into the Ajax, which was nearly full at about 8pm. I found a table (you seat yourself) and one of the college student waitresses waited on me. I just had a BBQ sandwich and a beer, but it was perfect. Good service, fast, friendly and reasonably priced. I will definitely return there next trip!