“Just Okay”

Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Olive Branch
Missouri
“Just Okay”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

We checked in later on a Friday night on our way down to Destin from Kc so had been a long drive the front desk lady was very helpful (over and above as to what she did for us) sorry I cant remember your name but she did us a huge favor. Price was okay, we thought we were getting a double bed but upon getting in the room we found out it was a queen and a sofa sleeper, okay for us as our girls slept on the sleeper. We checked out the pool to get some energy out of the girls, nice sized. Slept fine that night so the beds must have been okay as well as the pillows. Morning breakfast was good lots of selections for us to choose from, however the hard boiled eggs were frozen, waffles were good and everyone laughs when you are a new user to it as it beeps at you if you dont turn it over :) Girls loved the donuts and the yogurt. Lots of fresh fruit to choose from as well. We checked out right after that with no problems.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Alabama
Reviewed June 2, 2012

We stay at Comfort Inns and Comfort Suites for most of our travels. This hotel definitely didn't rate the Comfort Inn name. Musty, smoky smell-irritated my lungs. Small rooms. Slightly dilapidated. Drapery falling from ceiling into air conditioner (Screws had pulled out of ceiling). Ice machine not working. Proprietor said "I duct-taped it yesterday and it was working just fine'. There were no restaurant listings or TV channel listings in the room, as the 'guidebook' was a ripped up, sticky mess. And there were no electrical outlets. I had to unplug the floor lamp to plug in the nightstand lamps. No place to plug in laptop or charge cell phones. Total charge for night was $90+, way too much for this place. We checked out within the hour and drove down the road. I definitely agree with RogerDR26, this place is actually BELOW 0 on the Comfort Inn quality scale. This should actually be a Rodeway Inn or Quality Inn in the Choice Hotel line.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Olive Branch hotels

Yukon, Oklahoma
Reviewed June 2, 2012

We were passing through and were desperate to find a place to hang our head for the night. Ariived around 1:30am. The staff was very accomidating and treated us like we were family. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. The breakfast was outstanding. If you need a hotel, I would choose this one hands down. Thanks to the staff for all of the help and hospitality!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Golden, MS
Reviewed April 24, 2012

I have been staying at this hotel for years. The staff is extraordinary as they go above and beyond to make my stay great. Flo, Margeau, Mr. Patel and the housekeepers are wonderful. My room is always clean, plenty of coffee and I am good to go.
Anyone that makes a negative remark about this place cannot be satisfied!
Again, many thanks to everyone for making my stays so warm and welcome.

Debi Pruitt

Room Tip: I love to stay on the first floor near an exit at either end. You get your luggage and wheel right...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Pine Valley, California
Reviewed October 16, 2011

This has been a disappointment in my Comfort Inn experiences. For one thing, VERY difficult to find, and very much off the beaten path for cross-country travel. I drove miles past it because I didn't see the small side street it is located on [it was late at night], and the night clerk failed to warn me of that when I called for directions. Once found, the hotel itself was OK, although definitely on the older side, with a musty feel to it. No elevator to the second floor, always a hassle when you're concerned about leaving stuff in your car, as I always am, but especially at this hotel, which was not remote from lots of other buildings.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Saint Rose, Louisiana
Reviewed September 23, 2011

Room was clean, Staff was helpfull and frendly. felt got good value for the price of the room, although you should make reservation at 800 4 choice for the best value.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
St. Augustine, Florida
Reviewed September 5, 2011

Upon our arrival we went to our room & found the door propped open, which was somewhat of a concern. This is an older hotel and needs some work. After being assured by the front desk that the housekeeper probably just forgot to lock the room after cleaning it, we settled in.

I noticed there was no comforter on the bed so went out to ask if the housekeeper had neglected to put it back on the bed. She told me there were no comforters at this location.

We are travelling with our cat so have limited choices as to where we can stay. I didn't know there was a Comfort Suites down the street until it was too late to cancel the reservation.

When we went out for dinner the front desk clerk was outside talking with two young men. When we came back 2 hours later, she was outside again with the same two. No one was watching the front desk. Hope no one needed anything!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family