“Near the lower end of the Comfort Inn quality scale”

Comfort Inn Olive Branch
Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Olive Branch
Reviewed October 16, 2011

This has been a disappointment in my Comfort Inn experiences. For one thing, VERY difficult to find, and very much off the beaten path for cross-country travel. I drove miles past it because I didn't see the small side street it is located on [it was late at night], and the night clerk failed to warn me of that when I called for directions. Once found, the hotel itself was OK, although definitely on the older side, with a musty feel to it. No elevator to the second floor, always a hassle when you're concerned about leaving stuff in your car, as I always am, but especially at this hotel, which was not remote from lots of other buildings.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo

Reviewed September 23, 2011

Room was clean, Staff was helpfull and frendly. felt got good value for the price of the room, although you should make reservation at 800 4 choice for the best value.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 5, 2011

Upon our arrival we went to our room & found the door propped open, which was somewhat of a concern. This is an older hotel and needs some work. After being assured by the front desk that the housekeeper probably just forgot to lock the room after cleaning it, we settled in.

I noticed there was no comforter on the bed so went out to ask if the housekeeper had neglected to put it back on the bed. She told me there were no comforters at this location.

We are travelling with our cat so have limited choices as to where we can stay. I didn't know there was a Comfort Suites down the street until it was too late to cancel the reservation.

When we went out for dinner the front desk clerk was outside talking with two young men. When we came back 2 hours later, she was outside again with the same two. No one was watching the front desk. Hope no one needed anything!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank kathyl249
Reviewed July 5, 2011

This is by far the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. There was no blankets on the beds only sheets, the ac hardly worked. I asked for a non smoking room due to my allergies and my childrens asthma and they gave me one anyways and tried to say it was non smoking. The carpet was completely nasty!!! A big hole in the wall where electrical wires were hanging out! I took the picture of that! Nothing like the pictures on the website. The hotel was completely ran down!!! The gentleman had already ran my card and told me that it would be several days before they would release the money back to my card and I did not have the extra $100.00 to go somewhere else to stay when my familly and I had to leave out to head back to jacksonville,fl. So we were basically stuck.Told the guy who check us out and all he told us was to have a good day! Now I cant hardly talk or breathe. Would never recommend this hotel to anyone!!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 18, 2011

Rather disgraceful for a choice hotel property. The pool was filled in with a thick layer of mud; the pool area looked like a construction zone. There was no business center or fitness center available at that time. The room was unclean and completely underwhelming for the price. The front desk clerk was surly and unfriendly. The "breakfast" of industrial strength scrambled eggs, plastic sausage, and lumpy country gravy was greasy AND completely lacking in flavor.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank redd_wynge
Reviewed February 4, 2011

My husband and I stopped here for one night on a road trip. The hotel is located near plenty of dining and shopping and it's only a few minutes away from Memphis. All staff we encountered were nice and friendly. The continental breakfast was a little bare - we were some of the first guests there (due to getting back on the road ASAP) and not much was out. They may have had low occupancy that day though. Our room and bathroom were nice and clean. My only qualm was the shower. The grout along the top was pretty dingy and dirty looking, even though the shower itself was clean. Overall the hotel was pretty quiet, even though our room was right near the front door and desk. The fridge in our room was the loudest thing we heard all night. Pretty nice stay - we'd definitely stop here if we were passing through the area again.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 3, 2011

I made my reservation online. When I checked out my card was charged again. It has been 3 weeks and I am still trying to get everything straightened out.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple