“Better than I figured Hampton near Memphis”

Hampton Inn Olive Branch
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Olive Branch
Ndog
“Better than I figured Hampton near Memphis”
Reviewed May 1, 2009

We were on the 1st floor, king room with free wifi, microwave, small sink, mini-fridge and flat panel TV. The hotel also had an indoor heated pool and a jacuzzi which was very nice.

I believe this room had been recently updated as everything was nice and new. The hotel was updating a series of rooms down the hall, but they did their work during the day and it wasn't too bothersome.

We were next door to some friends (with one of those adjacent internal doors things) and thiers was as nice as ours.

The staff was very friendly, accomodating and was very nice about cleaning our messy room (we had our 10-month-old wrecking ball with us).

The location is right off the interstate, and you make a left turn into a strip mall to get there, so it's easy to see, but a bit harder to navigate to.

The area was very busy, much busier than we expected, but that also meant there was lots of food options as well as a Lowe's and a Wal-Mart close by.

It's about a half an hour to Memphis on US-78, we were in town for a wedding, but overall this was one of the best Hampton's we've stayed in.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Reviewed December 30, 2008

We recently stayed for one night for a short getaway. The hotel
was nice but I've seen better Hampton Inns. The bed was very comfortable but I agree with the other comments about the elevator. I would rate a 3 1/2 star if that were an option.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
Detroit
Reviewed August 25, 2008

We were on a family road trip and stayed at the Hampton Inn Olive Branch for two nights. This hotel is conveniently located south of Memphis, TN, but in a very nice, safe suburban community just across the Mississippi border. Restaurants and a Kroger grocery store are within walking distance. Target and other shopping is available within a few miles. Only a 30 minute drive to downtown Memphis.

Amenities included in-room fridge and microwave, indoor pool, hot tub, business center, exercise facility, and the Hampton Inn standard hot breakfast. As we were on an extended family road trip, we found the on-site coin operated washer and dryer very convenient to do a few loads of laundry.

Bathroom amenities were very generous and included more than the standard Hampton Inn. We've stayed at many HIs and usually only have shampoo, moisturizer and bar soap. This property also provided conditioner, shoe mitt (polish cloth), shower cap, and shower gel.

Front desk staff members were always friendly and helpful. We got bottles of water and Oreos / granola bars at check-in. Coffee service is available throughout the day, with fresh baked cookies at the front desk in the afternoon.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
Baton Rouge
Reviewed June 13, 2008

The hotel is clean, but it is underconstruction. They have one creepy elevator to for the entire hotel. I didn't have any real problems, but I would have liked to stay someone better (however this city doesn't have much to offer). I had a handicap room, it was a little different than other rooms and smelled like a nursing home. I would suggest not having your room cleaned during the day, the hotel staff gave me the creeps.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
Daphne, Alabama
Reviewed April 7, 2008

This is the second time I've been given a hotel room that had a very odd view out the window. The first time years ago was probably an illegal room with no exit possible out the window and this was a close second. Room 206 looked out to the roof, I could have stepped out the window which slid open without a screen, walked on the roof and tampered with the HVAC system and vents which were within two feet of the window. I'm amazed a setup like this passes inspection of the city engineers and the common sense of hotel management.

I called down to the front desk immediately to ask for a different room and was told there were none - was I given one of the worst rooms because I used my Hilton HHonors points for a free room? I couldn't see much sky and to the right I could see other rooms overlooking what I was seeing. It probably would have been okay if I would have been on the top floor as I requested, but I was told no rooms were available there. Nice enough otherwise, a little odd to get to, and walked to dinner.

Stayed March 2008
Chicago
Reviewed February 18, 2008

This was a very pleasant hotel. The staff was great!! The free continental breakfast was plentiful and always consisted of a hot option that was protein. They also had the typical cereals, pastries, fruits, juices and coffee.

The morning newspaper was not delivered to your door, but could pick it up from the front desk.

The fitness center needed some attention. This was right next to the pool and hot tub so the moisture probably took it's toll on the weight machine. The treadmill was out of order during my stay and the stair stepper / eliptical was very unsteady especially at the higher speeds. The only thing that really worked was the stationary bike.

Location was great, although it was a bit tricky to find off the interstate (if I wouldn't have had a navigation system, I would have been much more frustrated). There is an Applebees, Subway, McDonalds, Casa Mexicana and other dining options within walking distance.

I had no issues with road noise from the interstate. And the heating unit worked very well.

• Liked — Room, staff
  • Disliked — fitness center
  • Stayed February 2008
1 Thank taffy2001
Augusta, Georgia
Reviewed November 11, 2007

We drove to Olive Branch to set us up for a morning visit to Graceland. It was a little difficult locating this place from Hwy 78 onto Goodman Road. It's set back off Goodman Road, and there didn't appear to be an advertising sign on the road - it was on the entrance to the Hampton Inn. There were a lot of restaurants around there within walking distance, so it's in a good location.
Check in was very good and the room was fine. Once again, I got a room with no view - I don't consider the heating system a view!
The indoor pool was warm and the hot tub was working and it felt great. The morning breakfast was plentiful and served hot.
Now that we are retired we travel in the fall so the days are shorter and we try to check in to the place we are staying before dark. Even after eating our dinner there is a lot of evening left so we read, do crossworkds, etc and need to have good light in the rooms. The lighting was good in this room. They had wireless Internet service, but there were very few extra electrical outlets to use for my laptop.
I would recommend a stay here.

• Liked — There were a lot of restaurants and shopping areas within walking distance of this HI
  • Disliked — The view of the heating system
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple