“all around bad”

Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Olive Branch
nc
“all around bad”
Reviewed November 6, 2008

Nasty rooms and rude people make this an experience my family would rather have missed.

Stayed August 2008
1 Thank NcAmbereyes
WWHCCmanagement, Management at Whispering Woods Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, November 18, 2008
At Whispering Woods, our housekeeping staff clean each room with detail. Our housekeeping director checks the rooms after they have been cleaned by our ladies and gentlemen. We know which group came through for these dates, and we had management walk each of the rooms they stayed in. We moved the furniture and checked all of the listed issues. We did not find a thing. No bugs, no trash on the floor, nothing at all. We very much value each of our guests and do everything we can to make sure they have a pleasant stay with us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed November 4, 2008

This hotel was terrible. One of the worst I have stayed at. When I first arrived I was treated EXTREMELY rudely at the desk. I got to my room and was immediately confronted with a very foul odor, what exactly it was I will never know. To top this, my bed was not made, there was trash on the floor and on the night stand, and there were several stains in the carpet. I called called the desk to complain, and (once again in a very rude manner) told me they would send someone up. An hour later no one had shown up. I called the desk and their response was "We will look into it." That was all. In my anger I went ahead and cleaned the room myself. Believe me, after spending all day in an out of airports on connecting flights, this was not how I wanted to spend my evening. The next morning as I was stepping out of the shower I noticed two large cockroaches in the bathroom (which was very dirty looking as well). In my horror I ran to check other prime spots, such as the drawers and behind the furniture. Sure enough I counted a total of 12 cockroaches! 12! I immediately checked out early, and despite all my issues I was offered no compensation. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Liked — I found nothing enjoyable about this accomodation
  • Disliked — The cockroaches!
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
2 Thank dissastisfied
USA
Reviewed November 4, 2008

Absolutely horrid service. Staff were rude and impatient . Rooms has cockroaches and weren't serviced nearly enough. Clearly in need of renovations and new staff. Quite disappointed.

• Liked — Good price but now i see why
  • Disliked — Worst holiday I have ever been on with the family.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank momo_of_three
ewildermuth
Reviewed September 2, 2008

A wonderful redecorated hotel, nice rooms, everything was great. The customer service couldn't be beat, don't have a negitive thing to say about it at all.

• Liked — Friendly helpful staff, beautiful hotel
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
Lower Alabama
Reviewed June 10, 2008

This is a Really TIRED old resort hotel. It is in desparate need of refurbing. Most of the bathroom fixtures didn't work properly, the paint was peeling everywhere, it wasn't clean and is in an inconvenient location.
Would NEVER stay here again.

• Liked — Leaving this place !!!
  • Disliked — A/C not working, bathroom fixtures didn't work well. You name it....
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank baycircle
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed May 21, 2008

I was traveling to Memphis with my boyfriend to attend a friend's wedding. I looked all over the Memphis area and could not find a hotel in a safe location with good reviews for under 100 dollars. I booked this room on Priceline for 60 dollars.

The room was very nice, hot showers, beautiful common spaces, and I loved the interior restaurant option. Our room was cleaned in a professional and respectful manner each day after we left even though we often did not leave until well after the staff had made their original sweep of the rooms on our floor. The new remodel makes everything seem fresh and bright and the grounds are lovely with plenty of ducks down by the lake. There is an airport right next door but do not let this deter you as the planes are quite small and cannot be heard.

There were a few downsides to the hotel. The hotel was under construction and we were awakened one morning by the noise, awakened on another morning by a weedeater outside our window, and the pool was being remodeled. One night we wanted to get a drink from The Grill inside the hotel but the bar had closed almost an hour earlier than posted. The hotel room also lacked a "master book" with details about the hotel like a map, hours of the restaurant, etc. We are both in our early 20s and just out of college so these downsides were not enough to disturb our stay.

There are plenty of restaurants in the area and it is not a long drive to Memphis. The drive into the city is a little unsavory but appears to be a problem with the development of the city and not with the location of this hotel. The official exit for the hotel is exit 2 but it is much easier to drive in at exit 6. Overall a very good hotel and I would stay again.

• Liked — The large comfortable lobbies
  • Disliked — Construction Noise
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ageorgiafox
St. Louis
Reviewed March 3, 2008

Our group booked 15 rooms for a soccer tournament. This hotel was very accomodating. They offered a breakfast buffet just for our group and put us all together in the same hallway.

There were lots of restaurants nearby for eating. It was somewhat off the beaten path, but very close to the Mike Rose Soccer Complex.

• Liked — The hotel was quite large with plenty of room for groups to mingle
  • Disliked — Quite a drive from downtown Memphis
  • Stayed February 2008