Candlewood Suites
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Very Good 4/5
All reviewsfull size refrigeratorfree guest laundryaccept petskitchen appliancesroom was cleanfuture travelswould stay here againfront desk clerkenjoyed my staymicrowavechainlinenscleanliness
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Check in was easy, however our reservation was switched to a single instead of a double. Luckily they still had one double left. Pets accepted and there was plenty of space to walk them. Enjoyed the kitchen for our take out dinner.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank beachfam94
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I is a great place to stay because of the way the rooms are equipped for longer business trips. i was able to work in my room and quickly make meals in my room a same some money . they even have a gas grill and outdoor area to sit . I loved the feather pillows !

Room Tip: All rooms are great
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed June 4, 2012

I was traveling in April, 2012 -- and wanted to stay in northern DeSoto County because I had appointments there. I checked-out prices -- and Candlewood had a nice weekend special; and since I wanted a microwave/refrigerator, it seemed like a good idea.

The single queen was roomy; it had a flat screen TV with decent cable (although no usable channel guide), a comfortable bed and a recliner. They also have a DVD library where you can borrow free DVDs to play on your TV (I didn't take advantage of it), and a business center with two computers (albeit slow ones) and a printer/copier (which I DID take advantage of everyday).

However, as other reviewers have noted, this Candlewood (as others I've stayed at) has an "eco-saver?" system that turns off the AC/heating when you go in/out of the door. Luckily, I was in Mississippi at a time when it was still relatively cool outside . . . I would definitely NOT recommend staying at this (or any other Candlewood) when it is warm/hot -- particularly if you value having a cool sleeping room.

Room Tip: I'd opt for rooms on the back side of the building; they probably wouldn't have as much afternoon sun.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank OldWoman_12
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2012

Dear OldWoman_12,

Thank you for taking time to write your review. I am pleased you found our room accommodations suitable to your needs. I apologize for the air conditioning issues you experienced.

While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we hope to have the opportunity of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Mississippi.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed May 11, 2012

This place had a device to turn off Air Conditioning while not in the Room. My Wife & I checked in, turned on Air to COLD. Left to go to Supper, Came back- Air had not caught up!! Took Showers , tried to go to sleep, Went to sleep woke several times to perspiration . Very POOR! Might NEVER STAY IN A CANDLEWOOD SUITES again!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Hank O
Management response:Responded July 2, 2012

Dear Hank O,

Thank you for taking the time to relay your comments regarding our property during your recent stay. Your comments are very important to us. We strive to be the best in our industry however, it seems that we failed to do so during your stay. I apologize for any inconvenience the air conditioning system caused you.

Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again

Irish V.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed March 15, 2012

We returned to the Candlewood Suites in Olive Branch for our annual tournament in Memphis. The hotel is about 10 mins. away from the club where they host the tournament. It's just past the state line between Tennessee and Mississippi. We booked 10 rooms for our group and the owner of the hotel gave us a fabulous rate! The staff is so friendly and accommodating. The rooms are clean and comfortable. We will definitely return again next year!

Room Tip: I have never had a problem with a room, and I have stayed at this hotel every year for the past 6 years.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends