“Hope the Abbay's in Olive Branch is better than the one in Southaven. YUCK!”
Review of Abbay's

Abbay's
Ranked #25 of 99 Restaurants in Olive Branch
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hope the Abbay's in Olive Branch is better than the one in Southaven. YUCK!”
Reviewed January 24, 2012

Went through the drive-thru at the Southaven, MS location. I ordered Beef tips and rice. Besides the fact that the entree was cramed into the little section of the container, looking extremely unappetizing and the side (inedible okra) was in a styrofoam cup sliding around the container, the taste was disgusting. The meat was mushy with no flavor and the rice tasted like it was from the Uncle Ben's microwave packet. It was 6:00 pm on a Tuesday and they didn't have any cornbread ready, so I had to settle for a roll. They didn't tell me the roll was the Marie Callender rolls from the freezer. I did not care for any of it and ended up throwing the whole thing in the trash. What a waste of time and money!!! I guess their idea of Southern Cooking fast, is anything you can nuke or pull from the freezer. I could have done that at home, cheaper!

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank Mel B

Southaven, Mississippi
“Tasty Southern cooking in a fast-food venue.”
Reviewed October 13, 2011

Abbay's offers a good choice of meats and vegetables in a no-frills setting. Customers can choose the drive-through or inside counter service. The seating area is large and comfortable. As a senior citizen who does not like to cook for just one person, I often enjoy balanced meals at Abbays at an economical price. The menu is varied, and the food is hot and tasty. There are daily specials, which patrons should ask about. Service is quick, efficient, and polite. Despite styrofoam containers and plastic utensils, Abbay's is a great place to sample Southern cooking in a hurry.

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank CarolynE46
Gardendale, Alabama
“Good fast food southern food”
Reviewed July 29, 2011

Very good food service was great. Wish we had one in Alabama! I had hambuger steak and gravy and it was very good. Veggies was also very good. Everything tasted like good southern cooking. Will go back next time I go back to Mississippi.

• Visited July 2011
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“You Might Want To Go Elsewhere”
Reviewed June 29, 2010

While I wont go into details of what I had, or what happened the next day. I think I make another choice when it comes to dining in Olive Branch. And what tops it all, was the attitude of the manager when I trived to adise him of the concern I had. Do yourself a favor, consider somewhere else.

1 Thank Kentelman
Arkansas
“Quick Home Cooking”
Reviewed March 25, 2010

I've been to this restaurant almost every time I've been traveling through Olive Branch and it was good every time. It's very clean, service is friendly and it is best described as the consistency fast food meets comfort southern home cooking.