“Disappointed..”

Colton's Steak House & Grill
Ranked #20 of 102 Restaurants in Olive Branch
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed November 12, 2012

My husband & I decided to try Colton's again (however this being the first time at this location) since they had a free meal for veterans on Veteran's Day. It proved to be disappointing. In the past (about 4 years ago) we loved the Coltons located in Memphis (which we visited on several occastions and the one in Russelville Ar. which we visited only once. The food was excellent. Then in the the last couple of years when we would visit the Memphis location either together or when I would go with my sister, the food would be very disappointing. We had hoped the Olive Branch location would be better. First of all, I would like to state, on the posiitive side, that they do offer some excellent deals (like the free meal for vets we were taking advantage of and $5.99 lunch special) Also the hostess was extremely courteous and hospitable. Our waiter was also very nice and tried to serve well. However my order came out wrong and had to be sent back and he made an error on the billing thinking we had tea when we both drank water.Service was very slow especially for being no busier than they were. As for the food, the rolls were overdone. My mesquite chicken salad was fair. My husband's burger was so big and messy that he could not eat it like a burger and had to just eat the meat with a fork and did not enjoy that. But considering his meal was free I guess we should not complain too much. We may try another Colton's again in the future, but if the quality is not like it once was, we will probably not bother after that (free meal or not). .

Reviewed September 21, 2012

Food was quite bland, drink was too sweet and waitress was inexperienced. I am a creature of habit and decided to venture out somewhere that we normally don't visit. Quite honestly, I wish I stayed with my Friday night routine and skipped this restaurant. I have eaten at other Colton's while traveling that were pretty good. OB location leaves much to be desired.

Reviewed June 8, 2012

When it first opened it was a great place a little high for some things but the food and service was good. The last couple of times I went the food sucked and so did the service. I first thought they were having a bad day....but went again and now won't be back! They have shrunk their salad by A LOT and raised the price....and the other food the people with me ordered wasn't any better. Sad it has gone downhill. Won't be going back!

Reviewed May 3, 2012

Really great rib eye and enjoyed the loaded smashed potatoes. The atmosphere is nice and typical for a laid back steakhouse. The staff ws really pleasant and gave good service.

Reviewed April 12, 2012

Must have been there on a bad night. There is nothing positive to say about the experience. The food was poor, the service was painfully slow (can I say almost non-existent), the the interior was very dirty. Not very appealing. My dinner guests were visibly disappointed, but refrained from making any comments.