“Will never stay here again!”

Super 8 Olive Branch
Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Olive Branch

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Jemison
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

We stayed here to play in the Dizzy Dean World Series. The staff was nice and cleaned up after our boys without a complaint.Clean towels were always available and the rooms were clean. I had little ants on the 1st day and they sprayed and cleaned to where the ants never came back. I watched the housekeeping on their hands and knees going over and beyond to help us. The staff was so friendly. The room smelled great after they were through cleaning. It was a great price and location. My air conditioner worked great and their were no bedbugs as others have reported. They put up with our loud boys in the pool area. It was a great stay and I would stay there again! A plus were the washers and dryers on location to wash ball uniforms.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Noxapater, Mississippi
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2012

We travel 5 hours to a family reunion and got to this hotel late. This on guy his name is Erin was very rude, and did not want to check us in. We were help by the other guy named Sylvester. We order our room though priceline.com and we order a non-smoking room and they gave us a smoking room. It smelled terrible! After talking with the front desk(sylvester), he told us that if we can just make do through the night he will switch room in the morning. We were leaving out to go to the Memphis zoo that morning and Sylvester told us when we returned after they had cleaned the rooms, our non-smoking room will be ready when we got back and he had told the other guy that have came on after he was leaving they both agreed on switching the room.Sylvester also said he had put it in the computer where everyone could see it. Erin, who was on duty when we got back, refuse to give us our room and after speaking with him we just return to the same room and our room was not clean so we had to go to the front desk to get more towels, Erin will not give us clean towel unless we brought the dirty one to him. I told him that was not our job and he said if you want clean towel you have to bring me the dirty towel. I walked back to the room and got the dirty towels and threw them over the counter and ask for some clean towels and he still refuse to give me towel and threaten to call the police. As we get ready to go to the family reunion dinner at 7 oclock, i showed him my reciept were it said we had a non-smoking room and Erin told me it don't matter what your reciept says, its what our computer says. From there he called the police and had us put our of the hotel were we had to drive home 5hours with nowhere to stay. Erin was very rude and he doesn't deserved his job. We are a family of four 2 adult and two children. There is a way to treat people and I leave him in the hands of my God. I will never stay at SUPER 8 ever again! We were treated like animals.
I encourage anyone not to stay at this Hotel in Olive Branch MS. Take the time to put your family in a hotel that treasures you and that is glad to have you as a guest. After all, we are the reason they have a job. I that God that we made it home safe and we arrived home at 2:00a.m. the next morning. If it was not for God, who knows what I would have did!!

Room Tip: It the service that you recieve at the front desk that detemaine if the hotel is glad to have you ar...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank deffany p

Travelers are raving about these Olive Branch hotels

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2012 via mobile

We are staying at this motel for a family trip to Memphis attractions, chose this motel because of price. Huge mistake!! We would have been better off paying the extra $60 and staying inside Memphis. It's currently 2:25 am and our air hasn't kicked on since shortly after we laid down for the night. I'm out from under the covers, sleeping without pajamas and very uncomfortable. The pool was so cold my children didn't want to swim in it and the hot tub had so many chemicals in it there was bubbles in it (like a bubble bath). The hall way on second floor stinks horribly, our room also doesn't smell good. It has decent location and of you do stay in the area I recommend Guadalajara Grill, but I strongly suggest the other hotel!! On another positive note, the front desk clerk was very polite and our room is clean and he even came and vacuumed for us after an unfortunate spill with infant cereal in our suitcase. We don't have problems with bugs that I've seen but as I lay here very uncomfortably hot, I don't have any intention on staying here again. Maybe the breakfast won't be as bad as the other reviews say.

• Stayed May 2012
Birmingham
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2012

Travel a lot with my company and this place doesn't need your money they have plenty. The rooms are dirty and they have bed bugs. Three of use stayed here for two days and we all left after discovering we all were being eaten up by there little bug pets. They must be pets they are not trying to get rid of them and they are not concerned that they have this nasty creater in their rooms. Don't think anyone from my company will ever stay at this place again and there are a lot of us. Don't make our mistake keep going there are better places to stay with friendly people and no blood thirsty bugs.This is not a good value after you end up at the doctors because of all the bug bites.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Memphis, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2012

I had made a reservation for 2 weeks but I had to leave in 1 week. Horrible stay. I stayed in bedroom 228 and it had bed bugs. I had to change room and move to 214 bedroom which also had bed bugs. They bit me on my shoulders, hands, neck and back. When I moved into the hotel, the room wasn't clean. Room and hallway smell like smoking. There was serious cleaning problem. They never changed bedsheets. There breakfast sucked! No vacumming was done unless asked. Bed comfortor was old and worn out. top of that, the clerk was absolutely rude. I wouldn't recommed this hotel to anyone!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2012

I had made a reservation online during my cross country trip. Upon entering the empty lobby, I waited 10 min for someone to help me; the clerk was very rude and acted like I was imposing on him. He told me he had no rooms and walked into the back room. I went to my car to get the confirmation and when I came back to show him my confirmation #, he said it still didn't change the fact that he had no rooms. I checked on Expedia, hotels.com and booking.com ; they all showed rooms available. The clerk was rude and unhelpful. I do NOT recommend this place to anyone. Stay at the Best Western across the street; way better service and better accommodations!

• Stayed March 2012