“Just Keep Going....”

Super 8 Olive Branch
Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Olive Branch
Reviewed November 24, 2011

We made a reservation to stay at this hotel while traveling to see family at Thanksgiving. Upon arriving we had wait with several others for quite some time because the desk clerk had to call police due to a domestic quarrel in one of the rooms and have the involved parties removed from the premises. Not a good first impression but of course we understood this could happen anywhere. However, once we go in our room it was rather late and all we wanted was to get into bed and watch a little televsion before going to sleep. Unfortunately the television did not work. My husband walked back to front desk to inform and he was told management was aware that there was trouble with some of the televisions in the rooms and all he could do was move us to another room. At this point we were already in bed and settled so we declined. Upon checking out the next morning after the skimpy Super Start breakfast I decided to complain the the new front desk clerk who was very sloppily dressed and see about at least getting some type of discount since our stay was so unsatisfactory. She said that the desk clerk who waited on us was lying about management being aware of problems with the televisions but she never would look me in the eye the entire time I was talking with her. She also said since we declined to be moved that we could not receive a discount and besides we were already getting a discount since the rooms were normally $75, not $60 per night. I guess if you get a $15 discount you shouldn't expect television. Stay away from this place. Even at $60 per night it's not worth it....

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed September 6, 2011

I chose this hotel for 3 nights because I was in town for the Mephitfurmeet and thought it would be perfect considering the location. Turns out the only really good point for this hotel was it's location. Upon our arrival at this property the front desk clerk informed us that we would have to pay a $20.00 pet fee per day for my disabled travelling partner's service dog. When we informed them that this was against federal law that they can not charge a pet fee for a service dog the front desk clerk informed us that unless we payed the pet fee he was refusing our checking in to the room. I asked to speak with the manager, Mr. Shone Patel of Swami Lodgings, LLC. The front desk clerk informed me that the manager refused to talk with me and kept insisting that we had to pay the pet fee. Then not even a minute later the front desk clerk told me that the manager wasn't there. Because we were so tired from the long drive we went ahead and payed the pet fee. Once we got to the room our noses were assaulted by a strong odor like wet dog. The blankets on the bed also smelled like this. We contacted the Super 8 corporate number and explained to them the situation and were given a case number and was informed that the agent who would be handling our case was out of the office until after Labor Day.
The night auditor front desk clerk did not make us feel welcome at all and was very rude and indifferent and made us feel like we were imposing.
Besides the bad smell in the room the hotel room itself was comfortable. The only positive point with our stay was the first shift front desk clerk, Carey, who was very helpful and friendly. The housekeepers were very accommodating and friendly as well. Unfortunately, due to the unfriendly reception we received at the front desk upon our arrival and the continual rudeness of the night clerk we will not be staying at this property again or quite possibly any Super 8 property ever again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 6, 2011

Employee gave us a dirty room which house cleaning hadn't cleaned yet. Had to return to front desk to switch rooms. Terrible place for price.

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank Oviedo3
Reviewed July 27, 2011

Part of our baseball team stayed here (a total of 9 families). This motel is the worst I have ever stayed at. First of all where do I begin. We requested non-smoking rooms and was told my room was a non-smoking room. As soon as we got into our room, it wreaked of smoke. All night it was an absolute nightmare and horrible for those who had asthma. The next morning I asked where were the smoking rooms. Of course the one right next to me was a smoking room so the smoke filled in my room as well. requested to be moved away from that particular area and far away from smoking as possible. They gave me another room down the hall but that really didn't help at all as the hallway was filled with smoke coming out of the rooms where smoking was allowed. Every item of clothing had to be washed as soon as I got home whether it was worn or not because of the smoke.

Our baseball team was comprised of 12 year olds. There were many siblings as well travelling on this trip as it was for World Series in Southaven. One evening at 6 o'clock, we were told to be quiet because we were disturbing others and making too much noise. Now THAT is a crock. From what I can gather, this motel caters to truckdrivers. At 6 o'clock in the evening, there is no ordinance for noise and what do you expect from a huge group like we had.

On another note, this place is 2-stories. It is not handicapped friendly as there are no elevators to the second floor. That should be an ADA (American Disabilities Act) violation. I WILL NEVER STAY IN THIS PLACE EVER AGAIN.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank MBV1957
Reviewed March 31, 2011

Five years ago, we stayed at this hotel, and totally enjoyed it. Back then it had good beds, a warm pool, and was bug-free. Not so this time around.

The bed was hard, and the pillows were flat. The pool was ice cold, but the hot tub was great, so we just used that, since it was late and no one else was there. We had the unfortunate problem of people on the second floor constantly walking, which not only popped the ceiling, but also caused a popping noise in the walls of our room itself.

The front desk attendant was very nice, and let us move to another room. While preparing for that move, we found a cockroach in the bathroom. At that point, being nearly 1 am, we were through. We checked out and went to the Best Western across the street. Even my 10-year-old son said the change in beds, to the very comfortable ones at the BW, was worth the effort. The BW was higher in price by $20, but worth it overall.

Again, the attendant at the hotel was very understanding during all of this, and did not give me any problems. We looked forward to our visit after our experience five years ago. Now, we will never stay here again. Good luck if you do.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank DyersburgTraveler
Reviewed November 7, 2010

The pillows are very hard and flat. You can try to put the pillows together just to elevate your head a little bit, but it will make the pillows even harder to sleep with. The beds will give anyone a backache as well.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank faagifts
Reviewed October 31, 2009

We definitely enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The room had a fridge and microwave (but no iron, unfortunately), the hotel was extremely clean, it was close to several restaurants and a gas station, and had easy access to the highway. We had no problems with this hotel whatsoever!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple