“Nice staff”

Holiday Inn Express Olive Branch
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Olive Branch
Reviewed December 26, 2011

Stopped in late, was greeted by a very pleasant lady at the front desk. Our room was quiet. First floor, very high ceilings. Room had small kitchenette area. Nice breakfast in lobby- eggs, bacon, bisquits, bagels, yogurt, etc. Loved how the fan constantly ran (white noise), and the temperature maintained without running the a/c constatnly. Only issue was you had to park around sides of builiding and walk and it was raining....no easy access from parking lot. Other than that, it was a pleasant overnight stay.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank letsgoeverywhere05
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Olive Branch

Reviewed October 7, 2011

Had to go to Olive Branch for a Funeral and was nly there overnight. I booked online and room was ready at 3 when I arrived. It was a non smoking room and seemed very clean. The hallway had a smoke smell but the room did not.

The room was comfortable and the bed was nice. The shower had great water pressure and the basic things like shampoo and toothpaste were there for us.

The check in staff was very polite as well as the cleaning staff we encountered during our stay seemed very cordial.

Breakfast was pretty typical. Cinnamon Rolls GREAT. Eggs and other stuff pretty much what you come to expect but it was edible and filling no I had no issues with it at all.

I will have to come back to this area next year and will for sure use them. The 103 a night was a little high for that area but overall a good stay and Wifi worked as needed.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank scstewart
Reviewed July 5, 2011

Our family along with 10 others stayed at this hotel for a national basketball tournament in Memphis. We were pleasantly surprised at what a nice hotel this was. The staff were above and beyond accomdating, even hosting a pizza reception one night for the guests of the hotel. Breakfast each morning was much better then many free breakfasts we have seen at other hotels. The guest rooms are in good condition and very roomy. The outdoor pool was a refreshing and inviting place for the boys and parents alike. The gas grill near the pool was nice as well, we were able to grill some hot dogs for the kids to have a quick lunch on a couple occasions. The hotel is within walking distance to many conveniences such as a bbq restaurant, gas station, Pizza Hut and liquor store. The next exit north of the hotel also has several dining choices and Walmart. If we ever decide to travel to Memphis again this would be a top choice for accomdations! Thank you all for your warm hospitality!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank familytraveler2353
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Olive Branch, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write and submit your review. We really enjoy it when teams and their supporters stay with us – everyone seems to have a good time, even if they are not winning every game. We look forward to serving you again the next time you are in our area.

Reviewed June 20, 2011

Had "Do Not Disturb" sign on door, yet house keeping still pounded on the door. Requested A Late Check , yet the best they could do was 1 hour! Out by NOON! I had NO Time For A Shower! They Knew I Was Mad and They Knew They Screwed Up! Got back to my room and front desk called to tell me to take my time and take a shower. I WAS OUTRAGED!! I paid $111.17 for no time to shower and rude staff! The room was worth $79 tops!!! The Hotel had plenty of rooms and was not looking at a full house anytime soon! I Packed Up and Left!!! Bottom Line-House Keeper Wanted To Get Out Of There!!!
I was driving back home to Florida after visiting Family our West & totally exhausted!
I am contacting "InterContinental Hotels Group," "Stillwater Investors Of Duluth" and ZMC Hotels Inc. all part of Holiday Inn Express Olive Branch, MS.

Room Tip: Platinum Priority Club Member Can't!
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Olive Branch, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2011

We are terribly sorry you were so unhappy with your stay – you comments will help us in training to emphasize the importance of consideration and good service in every guest encounter. We have since been in direct contact with you and I believe you were satisfied with our conversation and resolution. If that is not the case, please let me know. Again, you have my sincerest apologies that you did not experience the high level of service we are known for here.

Reviewed June 14, 2011

I booked this hotel through Hotwire for my group of 6 people for $52 per room and was pleasantly surprised with the quality of this hotel. It was easily accessible from the highway. Check-in was easy. The rooms were clean with very comfortable beds. Breakfast had a nice selection of hot and cold choices. There was a pool which we did not have time to use and an exercise room.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Olive Branch, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2011

Thank you for booking with us and for sharing your comments about your stay here. We are always pleased when guests want to tell others of their satisfaction with the accommodations and services we offer, and hope you will stay with us again the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed June 6, 2011

I chose this hotel for a recent trip to Memphis, TN based on the rating it had received on Trip Advisor, which listed it as the #1 ranked hotel in Olive Branch. Immediately after checking-in, I was looking on my blackberry to make sure I'd booked the right hotel. If this is the best hotel in Olive Branch, I would be scared to see the others.

The lady at the check-in desk was pleasant and helpful, so if that's all that matters to you in choosing a hotel, then by all means, stay here. However, once we rode the (very slow) elevator up to the second floor, it all went downhill. The second floor reeked of cigarette smoke, despite the no-smoking signs on every door. The carpet in the hallway was stained and dirty, which we also found to be true in our room. The wallpaper in the bathroom was torn and peeling off the wall along the baseboards. The television was an antiquated tube TV. The walls and ceilings were so thin, I could hear every step the people in the room above me made, so loud it sounded like they were going to come through the floor.

Rather than enjoy my stay at this hotel, I spent the evening in the hotel's "business center" (one computer) looking for a different place to stay for the following evening. I found a hotel in Memphis (as opposed to 30 minutes outside Memphis, where this hotel is located), that was 110% nicer, for the exact same price.

I always consult Trip Advisor before booking a hotel and I've never been disappointed in my selection ... until now.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jjg07
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Olive Branch, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2011

Thank you for your comments – we appreciate your input as it helps us improve our product and services. We are obviously very sorry you were disappointed with the conditions you found at our hotel, partially due to the four smoking rooms on the 2nd floor, and that we lost your business for this stay. We make every effort to provide each guest with a quiet and comfortable stay, and hope you will accept our sincere apology for not performing at our usual high standards

Reviewed March 19, 2011

We were welcomed warmly by the young man at check in. We enjoyed the complimentary cookies and the comfortable room. The air ran great, and the bed was very comfortable. The breakfast was outstanding (better eggs than at the Hamptons we stayed at--which made up for there being no waffle, but who cares if everything else is eggcellent), and we enjoyed the breakfast hostess--great hospitality!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SfromTulsa
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Olive Branch, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2011

Thank you for submitting your review of our hotel. We are very glad you enjoyed the accommodations and service we provide. In case you haven’t already heard or experienced it, all Holiday Inn Express hotels will have fresh pancakes on their breakfast bar before the end of April – let us know what you think of them, please. Rosemary, our breakfast hostess, has been with us for nine years, and continues to inspire everyone to give excellent service to every guest, every time – we are so fortunate to have her on our team. Please let us know when you will be back in the area, so we can thank you in person.