“Terrible breakfasts, nice enough rooms.”

Magnolia Inn and Suites
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Olive Branch
u.k
“Terrible breakfasts, nice enough rooms.”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Walking in the place looked pretty nice. The rooms were comfortable, but you know what? There was a blob of poo on my bathroom door!!! I just tried not to look at it rather than go down and have a conversation about it! The beds were comfortable although the sheets smelled of bleach. The breakfast was a joke. There were 3 tired Danish pastries, some white polystyrene tiles passing themselves off as bread, some children's cereal, something brown and watery, it might have been coffee, or coffeeish. There was no milk, but there was batter in an old plastic milk container so a person might make a waffle. I wouldn't recommend this place particularly, but it was okay ish.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Atlanta
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I can't believe this hotel was rated so highly! I booked it at the last minute to attend an out-of-town funeral based on the reviews. Let me first say that the outside is nice and the lobby is pretty modern. Moving on to the room, there was the biggest flat screen tv that I have ever seen in a hotel room! Perhaps some of the money they spent on technology should have been spent on linens!!! I pulled the bedspread back and let's just say it appeared that someone had been there before me. Stains were everywhere on the sheets. Lipstick, makeup, and all sorts of things I would rather not think about. I was so grossed out!! My 13-year old was with me and even he was freaked out. Hair that was not mine was on the pillow. I promptly went downstairs to complain and ask for a new room but was told there weren't anymore. They best they could do was give me some different sheets. Yes, give me the sheets as in put them on myself!! I'm tired from a 6 hour drive and I now must play room attendant too?? To top it all off, the "new" sheets didn't look much better. While stripping the bed, I see stains on the mattress and pillows from previous guests that probably should have sent me running. Since I had prepaid the reservation, I was stuck but I know that I will never make that mistake again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Olive Branch hotels

Oklahoma
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Phenomenal pet policy, great rooms, updated decor and an amazing deal.
The rooms are clean and well appointed.
We have stayed there 6 times this year as it marks the half-way point on our Oklahoma-Tampa road trips.

Room Tip: Pets are welcome for $20 on the second floor.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed October 25, 2012

This place sucks. I stayed here and the staff was rude and did not help when I told them the people above me are too loud. The walls are paper thin and you can hear everyword and sound from above and around. PLEASE DONT STAY HERE.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 28, 2012

I loved every moment of my stay and the price was the best. The bed was so nice. I had a king sized bed. I didn't check out the breakfast but I didn't experience any problems. I enjoyed the peace and quiet.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank mizzy220
Ozark, Missouri
Reviewed July 14, 2012

We were traveling with our four small children, and needed a place to stay the night. Magnolia was the least expensive suites in Olive Branch by $20/night. We were pleased, when we arrived, to find that the hotel was extremely modern and clean. Our room was very large, and everything from the bedding, to the tv, to the appliances were very nice. The hotel is conveniently located close to a Walmart and restaurants. The area was very quiet and seemed very safe. Overall, just a very nice place to stay. The only things keeping us from rating it as "excellent" were that the continental breakfast was very minimal, and we received a call from the front desk asking our small children to be quiet, even though it was not yet 8 pm, which we thought was a little much.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Missouri
Reviewed June 28, 2012

This hotel was just a place to stay for us for a night on the way back to KC from Destin, we chose it because it was pet friendly and we had our 6 month boxer with us. Check in was ok they only had 2 rooms left when we walked in and they were only suites left, well we were tired so fine. The extra money they charge for having a pet is $20 for no more than what they do I hated paying that since my dog stays in his kennel when we are not in the room with him. Pool was the smallest I have ever seen and over run with a couple of familes that I think had camped out there all day and very rude to new swimmers throwing flashlights in the already small pool almost hitting my children but thats another story. Huge Tv, the room did have a smell to it but it was not something that turned us off and we are non smokers, cheaper shampoo/Conditioner in packets no less not in bottles. Beds were not the most comfortable and the pillows could stand to be replaced as they were thin as the sheets. My daughter got sick in the middle of the night so we had to change all the bedding but the night staff was helpful although we got King sheets and no fitted but we made it work as it was late. Got up and went to their so called breakfast around 7:45 and not much to choose from at all, some small muffins and danishes that were very plain tasting, a waffle machine in which they had no non stick spray and very runny batter with no instructions on how much to use. Saw some bread cereal and some packets for oatmeal or grits, that was about your choices. They also did provide coffee, OJ, and Milk. Checked out right after that. Dont know if we would stay there again but it was nice that it was pet friendly.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family