“Very Happy With This Hotel”

Magnolia Inn and Suites
Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Olive Branch
Ozark, Missouri
“Very Happy With This Hotel”
Reviewed July 14, 2012

We were traveling with our four small children, and needed a place to stay the night. Magnolia was the least expensive suites in Olive Branch by $20/night. We were pleased, when we arrived, to find that the hotel was extremely modern and clean. Our room was very large, and everything from the bedding, to the tv, to the appliances were very nice. The hotel is conveniently located close to a Walmart and restaurants. The area was very quiet and seemed very safe. Overall, just a very nice place to stay. The only things keeping us from rating it as "excellent" were that the continental breakfast was very minimal, and we received a call from the front desk asking our small children to be quiet, even though it was not yet 8 pm, which we thought was a little much.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Missouri
Reviewed June 28, 2012

This hotel was just a place to stay for us for a night on the way back to KC from Destin, we chose it because it was pet friendly and we had our 6 month boxer with us. Check in was ok they only had 2 rooms left when we walked in and they were only suites left, well we were tired so fine. The extra money they charge for having a pet is $20 for no more than what they do I hated paying that since my dog stays in his kennel when we are not in the room with him. Pool was the smallest I have ever seen and over run with a couple of familes that I think had camped out there all day and very rude to new swimmers throwing flashlights in the already small pool almost hitting my children but thats another story. Huge Tv, the room did have a smell to it but it was not something that turned us off and we are non smokers, cheaper shampoo/Conditioner in packets no less not in bottles. Beds were not the most comfortable and the pillows could stand to be replaced as they were thin as the sheets. My daughter got sick in the middle of the night so we had to change all the bedding but the night staff was helpful although we got King sheets and no fitted but we made it work as it was late. Got up and went to their so called breakfast around 7:45 and not much to choose from at all, some small muffins and danishes that were very plain tasting, a waffle machine in which they had no non stick spray and very runny batter with no instructions on how much to use. Saw some bread cereal and some packets for oatmeal or grits, that was about your choices. They also did provide coffee, OJ, and Milk. Checked out right after that. Dont know if we would stay there again but it was nice that it was pet friendly.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Ridgleland
Reviewed May 14, 2012

I wrote a review about this hotel in 2010 and am delighted that some visitors have not been pleased! Why? Because this Magnolia Inn now stays so booked it is difficult to get a room and I absolutely love it and dont want to stay anywhere else. IF you are expecting a small hotel that operates like the luxury giants with staff to attend to your every desire, a feast for breakfast - you have the wrong hotel. Those of us who are repeat customers understand that owners who live onsite want a secure,safe entry; may have stepped away from the desk occasionally;provide immaculate linens;and will attend to guest's requests. I know there are smoking rooms,but I have stayed there for 2 years and have not detected the hint of smoke unless I used the laundry room on that floor.I am a female and so appreciate the value of a smaller newer hotel in a safe location with beautiful rooms(laid out perfectly) ;new irons and ironing boards,blow dryers;wide flat screen tvs;closet area; desk, chair and ottoman,refrigerators for an unbelievable price. There are two Magnolia Inns but this one is newer and located in Olive Branch.My family (who stayed here in April 2012) was just as blown away as myself the minute they entered the lobby ............

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Bella Vista, Arkansas
Reviewed March 12, 2012

The only good thing I can say about this hotel, is the price. The hotel staff was rude from the moment we interacted. He seemed to be inconvenienced that we wanted to check into our room. He grunted the price and asked me FOUR TIMES if I was traveling with anyone other than my husband. The entire hotel smelled awful and was very run down. I cannot believe it's only a few years old. Our room smelled terrible-- it was a combination of body odor, smoke and some kind of cooking spice. The furniture and carpet were both severely stained. The bed was decent. The toiletries were low quality and the towels were thin and stained. I cannot recommend this hotel to anyone. Avoid!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Richmond Hill, Georgia
Reviewed December 17, 2011

Decent, clean, nothing fancy but would stay again if need be. No connecting rooms but they do take pets. The reservation clerk did get us on the same floor and even managed next door to each other.

Entire hotel smelled of cigarette smoke even though we were in non smoking rooms; the hallways and elevators had the most odor. The elevators were also slow and not air conditioned.

Beds were very high off ground - not a big deal for my family but if my children were small could have been a problem.

Clerks were a little hard to come by but were friendly and helpful when found.

Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 27, 2011

Very disappointed after reading positive reviews. We checked in late at night after a long day of driving only to find that the sheets on the beds were dirty. Called the front desk to which they brought more dirty sheets after sounding very annoyed.

Positive...
1. Great location

Negatives...
1. Dirty room
2. Non smoking room smelled like smoke...entire motel smelled like smoke
3. Unfriendly staff
4. Breakfast was horrible
5. Tv remote did not work

Spend the extra money and stay somewhere different...

• Stayed November 2011
Tennessee
Reviewed November 12, 2011

Overall it was great But... We booked on their website. We booked a non smoking king suite. It was supposed to have a kitchenette we got a regular room. a micro and fridge only very disappointed. The room was nice and so was staff breakfast was sparce and DO NOT DRINK THE SO CALLED ORANGE JUICE! It was more like orange drink or severly watered down juice. room was clean. It was a great value great location to where we had to go. The room was Not what we booked. I was disappointed!

Room Tip: Confirm room type prior to arrival and take confirmation paperwork with you