“A completely delightful surprise!”
Review of Sweetpea's Table

Sweetpea's Table
Ranked #11 of 102 Restaurants in Olive Branch
Cuisines: American
Springfield, Missouri
“A completely delightful surprise!”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I found this restaurant while searching online for places to eat in Olive Branch. My church group was going on a weekend retreat down there and we wanted somewhere local to eat that was not out of our budget. When we pulled into the parking lot, I started to sweat just a bit. It is in a strip mall and not terribly exotic looking on the outside. However, once you walk through the doors, everything about the places screams "charming!"

It's a southern home style restaurant with pretty, obviously cared about decor. Nothing fancy, but I can tell they have updated. The room is huge and there are lots of tables. I only gave them about one hour notice and they had five tables pushed together waiting for us.

The food! It was superb! I think between all of us, almost every item was ordered and nothing let us down! I even just ordered the steamed veggies, the healthy option, and was completely shocked and surprised. My husband ordered the more traditional fare and oh man was it good. True comfort food! I haven't even gotten to the interesting stuff.

On weekend evenings they have live country music. I wasn't sure how all of our group would feel about that, but everyone seemed to enjoy it because it was well done. No well known artists or anything, just local groups getting up on their stage, YES a stage!, and performing. They performed many well known favorites and I have to admit, they were GREAT! I'm not a huge fan of live music. Usually it is too loud and hard to understand and the vocalists are competing with the band but not so this night. Our preacher was beyond excited being a music fan.

Oh and the service was wonderful. Being part of a large group, I was expecting an exasperated waitress but she was beyond friendly and got everything just right! Even the other customers were friendly!

So please take the time to visit this place. It isn't far from Memphis. In good conditions, it is maybe a 20 minute drive. You will not leave disappointed!

• Visited November 2012
4 Thank Samantha H

Redondo Beach, California
“Local's Hangout”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

First off I am from Los Angeles, I have travelled all 50 states and I love Southern Style cooking (yum, fried food). And, even though I am a Native Californian, my southern cooking is in demand from family and friends. That said, I found the food to be what you'd find in an average cook's home, and the decor, well as other's have stated--it is time to update. Between the decor and the mash potatoes swimming in gravy, I have to give the restaurant a poor rating.

Unfortunately the band shut down 1/2 hour early the night we had dinner in the restaurant, and so we missed the music. Without the band/music the restaurant lacks ambiance. It is a large room with a bunch of tables--think Banquet Hall. Prices are fair, and the breaded pork cutlet was actually tasty, but I just couldn't get past the mashed potatoes swimming in gravy, and the flat dry piece of cornbread. We ordered bread pudding, which was average.

The waitresses were friendly. They were sweeping the large room, again early, which isn't appetizing.

This is definitely a local's hangout---and maybe the music makes it worth a visit????

1 Thank luv2trvlRedondoBeach
Olive Branch MS
“Our new hometown favorite”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

We live in Olive Branch but unfortunately this was our first visit to this great local restaurant. Our party of 13 was taken great care of and all of the food looked and tasted great. The place was pretty much packed when we came in and with good reason. They have live music on the weekend and the band was great. They understand how to make the ambiance really great and still be able to hear yourself think. This place is very family friendly and before the night was over even a couple of brave kiddos were allowed to sing a song with the band. My daughter and I danced a song and this was after we first got there she was afraid it was going to be to country. My nephews stole the show when the urge to dance took over their 8 yr. old selves. Staff and other patrons were clapping them on and they really ate it up. We were all smiles when we left and my wife and I agreed this would certainly not be our last visit. Great job to the entire Sweet Pea staff!

3 Thank MississippiMatt
Saucier, Mississippi
“Music Was Great”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

During our weekend trip to Olive Branch, we were directly to Sweetpea's Table for our Friday night meal. Great music -- even played "Rocky Top"!!!! Three of us ordered fried catfish, which to my taste had a little too much "fried" to it. The potato and slaw were great. The family atmosphere was inviting. Staff was friendly.

2 Thank Janice S
Memphis, Tennessee
“Great home cooking”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Great food. Good size portions. Friendly staff. Close to everything. Live music some nights. The only thing I am not a fan of is the out dated decor.

Visited October 2012