“To rude to even check in”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Memphis Olive Branch
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Olive Branch
Round Rock, Texas
“To rude to even check in”
Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

We had reservations for over thanksgiving. After being stuck on highway an extra 2 hours, my wife calls the hotel to let them know we are running late. The female that answered was atrocious. We wanted to upgrade rooms , which were available. No was the answer. Wanted to use our marriott rewards. No was the answer. Wanted to use AAA. no again. We asked if we could cancel. You guessed it. No. Well we booked a new room at a much nicer hotel for less money and very polite. We plan on canceling marriott rewards points. And my visa charge. If a hotel can't greet visitors nicely on the phone, why would anyone want to stay there. Stay at whispering woods instead. Lovely !!!!!

Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Mr A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Murfreesboro, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed November 24, 2013

We stayed this weekend with a soccer team, one of many teams at the hotel. The hotel was booked, soccer parents and players everywhere! The breakfast was great all weekend and excellent service.
I had trouble with my TV thanks to Jeremy D for the time he took to look at it , make a few calls and had a working TV in my room in no time. A very well mannered and polite young man.
And thanks to Joslyn for taking time to help clean up my error in forgetting to cancel my room at a sister hotel.
Everyone one on their staff was pleasant and very helpful.
Not only do I recommend this hotel but the corporate office should be thankful they have a staff like this who understands and enjoys customer service.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Milan
Reviewed November 21, 2013

I stay here regularly for business and I'm always grateful for the outstanding service and value for the price of this hotel. The gals at the front desk, Marla and Americus know their regular customers by name and welcome me like part of the family. It's a great break from the usual indifference of hotels in general. I also want to mention Mr Al, who does a fantastic job shuttling guests to and from the airport all night. Always on time and always a gracious host when he meets me with the van. I can't say enough good things about the service here.

Olive Branch, Mississippi
Reviewed November 20, 2013

The rooms are clean and spacious, and all the staff were nice and very helpful to my husband and I. Lori, Cheryl, Amerikas, Lindsey and some others helped me with all sorts of things, including where the malls are, what to see in the area, how to do something on the computers, where to eat, where to mail letters etc., and I enjoyed the fresh-baked cookies. The breakfast staff Melissa and Patsy were helpful and tried to make sure I had everything I wanted. The cleaning staff was also very good.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 18, 2013

I live in the area and had to renovate my kitchen. They shut the electricity off so my family stayed at the beautiful hotel with soft beds and wonderful staff. Stephanie and Mr. Al were extremely caring to my wife who was ill and they showed above and beyond customer service. Would recommend this place highly for its a home away from home.

• Stayed November 2013
Niceville, Florida
Reviewed November 14, 2013

The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. Rooms are clean and bright. The hotel provides complimentary access to a top-notch fitness center located right next door. Great breakfast is included. Cookies are even baked each weekday evening. I stay here every time I am in town!

Butler, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 13, 2013

This property is one of my favorites when I am in the Memphis area. The rooms are clean and the beds are some of the most comfortable of any hotel at any price. Stephanie and Mr Al in the morning are exceptional. They really do take pride to make sure each guest feels welcome, and well taken care of. There is plenty of food and restaurants within walking distance too. I will definitely stay here again.