“Bed Bugs!!”

Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Olive Branch
Woodbridge, Virginia
“Bed Bugs!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

Was scheduled to stay for 6 nights with my company. During the second night I noticed a bug crawl across my bed. I have never seen bed bugs in person before but have heard many talk about them, especially with the amount of hotel stays I do per year. I googled bed bug and the images confirmed my fears that I had indeed seen a bed bug. I then found 2 more. The hotel moved me to their sister location, this Whispering Woods down the road. I was in room 232 for whats it worth.

I was very disappointed as up to that point I was extremely impressed with the hotel. Its very modern looking, I found the internet to be fast, and the breakfast is fairly decent.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank Robert S
3674lakeview, Owner at Fairfield Inn & Suites Memphis Olive Branch, responded to this review, December 2, 2012
The Owners and Management Team at Fairfield Inn and Suites apologize that your experience was not up to our standards. The hotel is less than five years old and issues regarding insects of any kind in our property have been extremely rare. I hope that you will grant us an opportunity to show you a different experience if you return to the Olive Branch area. Our goal is for every customer to enjoy an exceptional experience and value as our guest.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Detroit, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012

I spent a lot of time in the hotel on business and I was pleasantly surprised. Most of these hotels are a little run down but the Fairfield Inn in Olive Branch is different. The hotel is fairly new or at least kept up well. The location is not the best but there are restaurants and stores close by. The rooms were always clean and they have fresh cookies at nice. Breakfast in the morning was also very good and they had a wide selection of options.

Room Tip: Get a room that faces the back of the hotel. There are no roads behind the hotel and I thought it w...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Montgomery, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2012

My staff and I like this hotel. It is easy to get to, not too expensive, has a great staff and a good breakfast setup. For a Fairfield, it is quite a nice property and its proximity to the highway and the airport make it easy to deal with. There is a little strip-mall across the street from this property that has a good Japanese/Sushi restaurant and some other shops. Lots of business people stay here so it is pretty quiet.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

Room felt large, and the two qeen beds were very nice. Hotel was fairly new and in good shape. Neighborhood seemed fairly safe. The hotel backs up to a park. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012
Detroit, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2012

The hotel itself is very nice. The room was also very nice and spacious...we had a room with one king bed and sitting room, two flat screen Tv's, microwave, and refrigerator. The bed is very comfortable with lots of pillows. The breakfast in the morning has alot of choices, and nicely done. The problem we had was with the front desk! We stood there for about five minutes waiting to check in while the lady was on a personal phone call and didnt bother to get off. When she did, I asked about getting a room with two queens instead of a room with one king that I had orginally made, she said the rooms were completely booked ( NOT...the next morning there were hardley any cars out there and no one was at breakfast ) we later asked for directions to the airport and she was very put out that she had to get them for us which wasnt already printed out so she got on her phone and started giving us directions instead of getting on the computer and printing it for us nor did she bother writting it down, we had to ask for paper and pencil. We then asked for the cookies we were suppose to get at check-in which she was very relucten too, when she did, she only gave us two and we had three people in our room which I paid for, when I told her this she still would not give us one more! Needless to say we were very disappointed with the front desk in many different ways and because of this I would probably not return.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank 1bunbun
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2012

Stay here is you are in Olive Branch or even worth it if you are staying over at the Memphis airport.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Bristol, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2012

This was our 1st stay at a Fairfield Inn and it proved to be a very good experience! We had a king suite and it was wonderful! The room was very clean and inviting. It had a microwave, refrigerator, & 2 flatscreen tvs (both had working remotes too). The bed was really comfy (with a lot of pillows)! The bathroom was well stocked and extremely clean! There were extra blankets in the closet along with what appeared to be brand new hair dryer, ironing board, & iron. The AC was controlled by a wall thermostat and the curtains, when closed, really stayed closed ;-} Also, the sitting area had a sleeper sofa.

The front desk people, especially Judy, were extremely helpful & polite! The breakfast area was kept really clean by the lady in charge, Terri (I think). There was a really good selection to choose from, both hot & cold choices. My only suggestion would be to get another waffle maker so people won't have to wait to make their waffle.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple