“Off the Beaten Path!”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Takeout
Reviewed December 8, 2013

The atomsphere was awesome. My husband had seen a clip on the TLC. Off the beaten path and a place you would like to kick back & enjoy a cold one...unfortunately we were heading home and couldn't stay longer....I would recommend for those who enjoy an adventure, open minded, and loves BBQ!

Reviewed November 17, 2013

Drove from Fl after hearing how good it was. This was the worst Q ever. We ordered ribs and brisket. The ribs fell off the bone but had NO flavor. Very very bland. The brisket was so dry we had a hard time swallowing it. Tater salad was good, sweet potato cass was ok. And slaw was mediocre. The beans tasted like they came straight from a can. Very expensive. We have a little one who will eat anything and she didn't touch it. She tried it and pushed it away. We tossed half of the meal. We will not be revisiting. I should have read trip adviser reviews first. We never woulda gone. Don't know how they have a tv show. Please don't waste your time or money. The sweet tea and service was good though.

1  Thank Doodlebugs2001
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Drove from South Carolina to eat here, based upon reviews and show on Food Network. It was, hands down, the worst BBQ I have ever had. There was no smoked flavor at all. They sell 5 or 6 different kinds of sauce, but you can't sample them before buying or request them on your meat. The bread served is a cold thick slab of white bread (buttered and toasted might be good). Overall, a very disappointing trip for what was supposed to be some fantastic BBQ.

4  Thank Alice T
Reviewed November 12, 2013

First time getting "fed at the shed". Watched on tv and thought we would drive over 5 hours to visit the Shed. We ordered the Sampler and my husband and I shared it. Was plenty of food for the both of us. Loved the chicken it was great. Our son ordered the bbq platter and he wasn't impressed with it, it lacked enough sauce. It is worth the drive to go there.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

Neat (interesting) place . Baby back ribs are awesome, pulled pork very good, beans are great. Their signature pasta salad isn,t my cup of tea. Folks are very frienndly and helpful. Easy access to I-10. Loved it!