“A new spin on fried catfish” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Funky Chicken - CLOSED

Funky Chicken
Cuisines: American
“A new spin on fried catfish”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

What a refreshing delicious surprise. I thought "it's going to be the same ole fried catfish"....NOT. The Funky Chicken's fried catfish isn't your typical southern fried catfish, which is typically coated with a cornmeal base. Now TFC might use some cornmeal, but my family and I thought it was coated more like fried chicken. Big crunchy bit coating moist flaky catfish. The macaroni salad was great as well....my picky ten-year-old even loved it! The only "issue" was the fried ocra. They had put it in a styrofoam cup and put the lid on it. By the time we got it home it was soggy :-( I had to sample the peach cobbler cause it's one of my favorites. Again another winner! One other suggestion would be to make a triple threat lunch box.

1 Thank mom2twingrls

Ocean Springs, Mississippi
“An Outstanding Surprise!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

This place is excellent. I have lived all over the South from Tennessee, to Louisiana, to Mississippi, and I've been pretty much everywhere in between and I can honestly say that this is by far the best fried chicken I have ever had. My family and I got a spicy 8 piece family meal with a large side of mashed potatoes and gravy, an additional small side of macaroni and cheese, two orders of peach cobbler and half a loaf of french bread. The price was only $25 for all of that, and it was all delicious. The chicken is cooked perfectly and the breading is amazing with a great crunch and just the right amount of spice. I know that we will be eating from here a lot from now on. The best part is, they deliver!

3 Thank hoosier_johnson
Mobile, Alabama
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

We met some friends at the Funky Chicken and they had the shrimp and Marconi salad, I got the baked chicken with Cole slaw, and my husband got the spicy chicken and the Cole slaw. It was all very delicious. The Cole slaw was some of the best I have ever had and the chicken was so good that when our friends finished their shrimp, they got some chicken to try it also. It is a wonderful family owned business, friendly, with great food! It is mainly take out and delivery, but they have a couple tables inside and a couple outside if you want to eat there. We drove from Mobile, AL to Ocean Springs and would surely do it again.