“Handled our group very well.”
Review of AL Fresco's - CLOSED

AL Fresco's
Good for: Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Al Fresco Italian Bistro is in the heart of downtown Ocean Springs. With our award winning food and our elegant atmosphere, you can't go wrong in choosing us. We have a gorgeous courtyard with a fire lit fountain for your dining experience. Or, relax inside where old world charm meets romance.Al Fresco's also has a private dining room that is perfect for your next event, party or meeting. We can accommodate parties of up to 40 in the side room, 80 in the courtyard and 250 in the whole restaurant.We have a charming bar where your favorite liquor, beer or wine can be found. With weekly drink specials, this is sure to be a favorite hot spot. On Fridays evenings, we have the best live music.Our menu is full of authentic Italian favorites, steaks, incredible seafood dishes and deserts that will surely please. Authentic Italian..For unbeatable pricesCome by for lunch or dinner and enjoy our authentic Italian fare while being surrounded by beautiful murals or seated on our outdoor patio area.
Texas, USA
“Handled our group very well.”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Went in with a group of approximately 20+ persons. They already had a group or40 and handled us very well. Service was a little slow but with more than 60 meals on order in the kitchen they really did well.
Oh yeah, the food was excellent and the portions were very generous.
Would definitely go back.

• Visited May 2013

Covington, Louisiana
“The perfect weather didn't hurt anything”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

With no prior research or recommendations a trio of us walked into the patio area of Al Fresco's a couple of weeks ago. We had just come from the Walter Anderson museum and were walking up the street in search of lunch. We noticed an available table outside and were immediately seated. All of the tables were full and the staff was busy, but not overwhelmed. Our waitress was charming in that super sweet way that only Mississippi women manage to do without sounding fake. We had a couple of glasses of wine, shared an appetizer trio of yumminess and were able to quickly curb our hunger by the warm bread as well. Thank god a restaurant that isn't run by breadphobics. We each ordered a main from the lunch menu and ate every bite. Even though the lasagne didn't really look like a stacked lasagne, the food was delicious and we ate every bite. I would most definitely go back, order a full bottle of wine and slow down long enough to be able to make it to dessert.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Billie S
Ocean Springs, Mississippi
“Still nothing great”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I’m not sure if Al Fresco Restaurant’s mission is to literally see how fast they can get their patrons in and out, but a quick turnover definitely seems to be the norm. After a bad experience over three years ago, my wife and I decided to revisit the restaurant around New Years to see if things had improved. Unfortunately, this was not the case. We arrived at 7:15 one evening and were seated. Shortly after, we ordered a glass of wine and the waitress brought some bread to our table. It was one piece, very doughy, and bland. We then ordered our entrées and salad. Our salads came quickly and were very plain consisting of only lettuce and two tomato slices. Within 10 minutes of ordering, our entrées arrived. The waitress apologized profusely thinking that this was an absolutely ridiculous length of time to have to wait to receive our food. Actually, we hadn’t even finished our salads yet. The food was obviously already cooked and just warmed up in a microwave just before serving.

Not sure what my entrée was called exactly as it was new to the menu and consisting of pasta, meat, and vegetables (called something like Pasta Mediterranean). I checked their website to get the name, but the online menu was outdated. My wife ordered the cannelloni. We both found our dishes to be rather bland with mine having no pleasant flavor at all. For dessert, we ordered the tiramisu. While this was a bright spot the last time we came, this tiramisu tasted very watery and had no flavor. As I mentioned in a previous review, this is supposed to be a fine dining atmosphere restaurant; however, it always appears to be a quick service experience with mediocre food. If they were to have stretched it out longer, I might have been compelled to order another glass of wine (more revenue for them). However, this didn’t happen. We were in and out in 40-45 minutes (bread, salad, wine, entrée, dessert). We won’t be returning.

• Visited December 2012
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Our favorite Italian restaurant.”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

We lived in the area for 5 yrs, and I constantly suggested this restaurant to tourists. Now that we've moved away, every time we come home to visit family, we HAVE to come by here. Their manicotti is the best I've ever had. Their sauce can't be beat...and their freshly baked bread is hard to resist. I have to make myself stop eating it so I have room for my meal. Never had a bad experience. Wait staff has always been super friendly and helpful. I hope they never change!

• Visited December 2012
Gulfport, Mississippi, United States
“Slow uninterested waitress”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

If it was possible to leave a negative tip, we would have done so. There were no suggestions made of any of the courses and the waitress seemed very disinterested in assisting us. The food was below average.