“Average food”
Review of El Saltillo Mexican Restaurant - CLOSED

El Saltillo Mexican Restaurant
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed February 27, 2014

Service was good, food was okay, margaritas were okay. It helps if you are hungry. Probably would not return here.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

Then go here! Do you enjoy tastless mediocrity in shades of brown and yellow? This is your spot! How bout terrible margaritas made with high fructose corn syrup and rude service? You got it! Dirty tables? Yes! For the life of me, I cannot figure out how any of their 3 locations stay in business. Nuff said.

1  Thank mudpuppy_17
Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Now, From Reading The Prior Comments I Was A Little Hesitant To Try This Place. But To Be Subjective I'm Happy That I Ignored The Negative Reviews. My Family And I Stopped In After Church And Right Off The Bat The Staff Was Friendly And Gracious At The Door. We WerE Treated To Some Chips And Nice Salsa That Was Very Chunky And Delicious Not Like Some Places Where They The Salsa Is Runny And Never Holds On THe Chip. My Son Got The Steak Fajitas. Very Good And Well Spiced. My Daughter As Usual Got Chicken Strips, But THe Strips Were Very Large And Tasted Great. My Chimichanga Was Well Prepared With Chicken, Still Stayed Crispy After The Sauce Was On It And The Sides Of Sour Cream, Guacamole, Lettuce, And Tomato Made It Refreshing. The Side Of Rice Was Freshly Made And Delicious. My Wife Got THe California Burrito With Steak, And It Was About THe Best Burrito She's Ever Eaten. The Waiter Was Very Nice AnD Was Always Attentive To Our Needs. In A Nutshell, You Will Not Be Dissappointed With This Place. Give It A Try.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

I have never had such awful food in my life. I got chicken fajitas and everything was so nasty. The chicken tasted sweet and rubbery and not to mention it was so skimpy for the price. Such a ripoff! The waiter was so rude and never checked up on us or thanked us. Please take my advice and avoid this place! I'm not picky or hard to please by any means but this was just so awful.

1  Thank ankimble
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This restaurant (the one behind he Pizza Hut) is an old stand by for us. We have been regulars for some time and I thought it time to give it it's due. The food is always good, hot and served quickly, even when it is busy. The manager, Luis, is very visible and on top of the service. The prices are very good for the quantity of food you get. Best of all, they have the best margaritas on the Coast, hands down.