“Outstanding Oysters and Great People”

Mikey's On The Bayou
Ranked #9 of 144 Restaurants in Ocean Springs
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Dining on a budget, Scenic view, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Outstanding Oysters and Great People”
Reviewed April 4, 2014

We found this place based on its good reviews and they were right. First of all the setting is picturesque - it is a rustic building amid fishing boats and ramshackle structures right on the bayou, with cats in the parking lot. The "ambience" is created by a great, friendly staff of fun people with good senses of humour. We had the incredibly reasonable $7/dozen raw oysters. These oysters, which were from Texas were a little small but packed with flavour, and they gave us more than a dozen to make up for the size. We gobbled those up and had to complain to the server that all our shells were empty and we needed another batch pronto! She good-naturedly supplied our urgent request! After that we still ordered entrees, all of which were great and well-priced - breaded oysters for me [okay, I love oysters] with breaded catfish, and crawfish for my hubby, and two sides each. The salads were a little unexciting, but hey, that's not what we were there for! We left stuffed and satisfied.

• Visited March 2014

Howard, Colorado
“We will be back!!!!”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Our hotel staff recommended Mikey's On The Bayou. WOW!!! The food was fabulous. I ordered the Soft Shell Crab and my wife ordered the Shrimp Po Boy. Both meals were served on a bed of french fries and the servings were very generous. Don't go if you need a fancy setting - but do go if you want great food, a boat captain's atmosphere, and great service. Brandy worked our table and kept our drinks full and made sure our evening was a total success. Mikey's will be on our calendar for next year as we travel through Ocean Springs, Mississippi. If you like seafood, give Mikey's a try - you too will be coming back.

• Visited February 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
“Highly recomended, left a little disapointed!”
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Mikey's came highly recommended by a friend as the best Seafood restaurant in Ocean Springs, so I was so excited to finally go get excellent seafood, but left disappointing b/c there was nothing special about their seafood. Seems like absolutely every restaurant around Biloxi has to fry all their seafood, WHY? If you want great seafood go to Half Shell Oyster House, by far the best restaurant around Biloxi!!

• Visited March 2014
Kirtland, New Mexico
“Relaxed joint for some great seafood”
Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

Nice location right on the bayou. Was cold when I visited but looks like it would be nice to eat on the patio. Really fresh, good seafood. Had the seafood platter, even enjoyed the hush puppies. Not a touristy place, just seems to be a place largely for the locals. Really friendly service.

Visited February 2014
“Not what I expected....”
Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

I've heard good things about Mikey's and decided to try it.... I wasn't that impressed. I travel the Gulf Coast quite a bit and like to dine at places that aren't always corporate affiliated. I ordered their signature soup, The Crawfish Mikey, and it tasted as if the soup was a week old or the crawfish was longterm-frozen. My server was very mediocre... as if he was there just be there. While I dined, I did notice another particular server who was very energetic and made lots of suggestions with prompt answers to his guests. I secretly wished he was our server. I will add that my draft beer was frosty and refreshing.

• Visited March 2013