“Very Good Food”

Government Street Grocery
Ranked #25 of 148 Restaurants in Ocean Springs
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed May 23, 2013

This was the first place my wife and I stopped in for lunch when we arrived in Southern Mississippi..The food was very good and the portions were large..I really like their and Okra and poboys and my wife had a really juicy burger and the prices are reasonable..I will be back...;)~

There are newer reviews for Government Street Grocery

Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I went here for the first time and completely enjoyed it. We were a little skeptical by the outside looks, but glad that we stopped by. I had the 1/4 muffaletta and it was plenty to eat and good. The French Fries were great too! Nice, friendly service. We will definitely eat there again.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Love to eat at The Government Street Grocery. Best hamburgers, but also poboys and other local food. Great music on weekends and most nights. Super cool local spot!

Reviewed April 20, 2013

This is our favorite spot in Ocean Springs. They have great burgers, and I love the muffaletta. They also have a great selction of beer. I asked for the local Lazy Magnolia Southern Pecan. They had just sold the last one and our waiter suggested a Rogue Hazelnut Brown Nectar. It was great! Just a nice, relaxed no frills atmosphere. Sometimes that's all you really need!

Reviewed April 1, 2013

The Government Street Burger is worth waiting for -- they cook them to order. Delicious. Sat outside on the patio at lunch and there was a real cross section of patrons... young families, older families, daters and regulars. The atmosphere is great and food even better. Burgers are great.